• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
TB mod as in BBK 66mm?

snoopjonnyjon

01/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
-multi,
when you sprayed the frame, do you sandblast it or just clean and spray? or maybe use POR-15?...lol looks good whichever. thats where i'm at on the '86. still got the suspension on it, but had plans to pull it down and have her sandblasted, then painted.....any input??? thanks
-oh, and on the 4.0 HP gains, are you looking to chip it, or what direction???
-Stu
I won't whore up this thread with any of my pictures, but on page 2 and 3 of my build thread I document mine being sandblasted, epoxy primed, and then sprayed with Endura urethane. Only about $500 for the project. $200 for blasting (he had a Detroit 6v71 diesel powered blaster, took him maybe 20 minutes to do the frame, read end, I beams, and radius arms), and another $300 for paint supplies.

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26793&page=2

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I won't whore up this thread with any of my pictures, but on page 2 and 3 of my build thread I document mine being sandblasted, epoxy primed, and then sprayed with Endura urethane. Only about $500 for the project. $200 for blasting (he had a Detroit 6v71 diesel powered blaster, took him maybe 20 minutes to do the frame, read end, I beams, and radius arms), and another $300 for paint supplies.

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26793&page=2

It doesn't matter whether it's sandblasted, hand sanded, or ground with a wire brush the object is to make the paint stick and each way will accomplish that.... It just depends on how much money you have and are willing to shell out.. I didn't see a big reason to go all out on the frame considering mine is lowered and has GFX on it.. I believe with all I can that a possum wont care how the fame was prepped when the I Beams pop him in the skull.... Now if I did a truck like my hero BIGBLOCK44RANGER did his then I would have Sand Blasted, Epoxy Primed, Sealed, Base Coated, Clear Coated, Wet Sanded, Buffed, then eat dinner off of it would be so clean... The way I did mine cost me nothing for a wire wheel, I got a free tan too. Then figure 12 bones in beer, Gallon of Epoxy Primer and paint was 100.00 (My friend owns a paint store!) SO for 112 smackers I arrived with a painted frame after all that!! oh yeah I forgot the 1.75 for ice...

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
I believe with all I can that a possum wont care how the fame was prepped when the I Beams pop him in the skull....
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that! Excellent reasoning, multi!

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
I cannot wait to see this thing done!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
I can't wait for it to be done! Stupid winter!!
psh , hahahaha , i am in florida right now , dropped a bedside off to edgerunner's brother , his girlfriend said i missed the cold day , it was 50 :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

when i left my house to get here it was 19 degrees :shok: :shok: , and that is a warm december day , the fun ones have -20 windchills

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
psh , hahahaha , i am in florida right now , dropped a bedside off to edgerunner's brother , his girlfriend said i missed the cold day , it was 50 :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

when i left my house to get here it was 19 degrees :shok: :shok: , and that is a warm december day , the fun ones have -20 windchills
I leave tomorrow for Florida! I will be in Orlando for 9 days!!! My luck it will be cold and rainy... Ga has seen way too much rain this year :annoyed:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So to complety change the subject of my truck since work has stopped... On my way to work I pass by a Bronco II that has been sitting in the same spot for a long time now. It is a gen 1. looks pretty good from the road. So If I stop and ask about it what would it be worth not running and I would assume a 2.9??

snoopjonnyjon

01/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

It was a legit -36 (not including windchill) here this week. What kind of fools live in saskatchewan:icon_twisted:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I would say the BII would be worth $500-$800 depends on its condition. I hope it has a 2.8 under the hood, but thats just me. Is it 4wd or 2wd?

Cant be any harm in asking to buy it if its just sitting.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
It was a legit -36 (not including windchill) here this week. What kind of fools live in saskatchewan:icon_twisted:
This kind of fool used to!

On another note, multi, that Bronco, depending on condition of body not running about $500 maybe? I'm thinking Canadian type monies here.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would say the BII would be worth $500-$800 depends on its condition. I hope it has a 2.8 under the hood, but thats just me. Is it 4wd or 2wd?

Cant be any harm in asking to buy it if its just sitting.
It's a 4x4 not sure on how great of shape it is in

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This kind of fool used to!

On another note, multi, that Bronco, depending on condition of body not running about $500 maybe? I'm thinking Canadian type monies here.
Man I was hoping for a few hundred smacks.. heck 500.00 can is like 1500 us anymore:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals