• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A Helpful Guide To Buying Flowmasters

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
So, there are many people wondering about what muffler they should buy, so I figured this video would be very helpful. Now this is for Flowmasters showing the different series and what they sound like, this is not an argument thread on which type of muffler or brand is better, really just for people interested in buying Flowmasters. Anyways here is the video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcqJmwaDfYE

I have the Super 10's on my truck, and with cats they really are not that loud, I even have the 4.0L engine, but man do they sound nice! Here my video of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTz7s-xXr4k

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Let me also throw this in there if you didn't catch it in the video. The sound will differ, many factors affect how it sounds, such as engine, cats, and piping. So with that said this video is really to give you a good idea of the ranges of sound, a smart thing to do would be to look up your truck with that model exhaust on it on Youtube. The one thing about videos are that they just don't fully grasp the sound, it's always better to hear it in person.

Edgefevah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
great videos. with your truck how is it for cabin noise?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Pulled the trigger on a 40 series, as of right now its the loudest truck in my town

Attachments

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
On my truck the cabin noise is extreme because of my setup

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
great videos. with your truck how is it for cabin noise?
Its fine, there are certain rpm's it gets to that will be very loud, but it's so low and deep, you can still hear the person next to you.

Edgefevah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I know this thread is old but have you ever done a video of you accelerating?

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
No, I need to now that I have a decent camera I will make one.

RebelRider2010

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I am debating between the 10 series and the 40.

What size piping are you running? I am looking at doing a side exit infront of the rear tire and would be running a single setup most likely...

any tips

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I am debating between the 10 series and the 40.

What size piping are you running? I am looking at doing a side exit infront of the rear tire and would be running a single setup most likely...

any tips
Not sure what the piping is, but the 10 series is loud, the 40 series is going to be quieter, doing a side exit before the rear tire isn't a bad idea, eventually I'm going to have to rip out my duals to put in the cantilever system.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I wasn't going to inject this here, but I just couldn't resist the temptation. I noticed in the pixs, that your rear exiting duals split by your spare tire. Obviously there is no other way except for having them exit at the front of the rear wheels and to the sides. To the story. My Brother in law drove down from VA. to Fla. to pick up a boat. You can get good deals on boats down there. While driving home he passed a Police Officer sitting by the roadside. He was alarmed when the Officer raced after him and pulled him over. The reason quickly became apparent. Pulling the big boat generated a lot of heat in the exhaust and caught the spare tire on fire. That tire was directly underneath a full tank of gasoline. He retrieved the extinguisher, ripping it from boat and w/ the officers help, put the fire out. I don't recall all the specifics, but quite a scary moment. The same thing happened to some buddies of mine. They were pulling a Busch Grand National race car home from N.C. when the truck erupted on fire. They barely got the truck to the side of the road and Mike my buddy was burned pretty bad. I'd go w/ the side exiting pipes too.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I haven't had any problems with it getting to hot, I've towed lot's of things since I had it done and it's been fine, it usually the exhaust gasses cool down because of how long the piping goes, and it's not at close as you think to the tire. And before it was coming out behind the rear tire so if it didn't get hot then, it won't now.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I should have mentioned that my brother in law's truck was a full size truck and I do not know what engine. I can imagine that he was probably going fast and w/ the extra weight of his large boat, was building up the heat in his pipes.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I should have mentioned that my brother in law's truck was a full size truck and I do not know what engine. I can imagine that he was probably going fast and w/ the extra weight of his large boat, was building up the heat in his pipes.
That might have something to do with it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wasn't going to inject this here, but I just couldn't resist the temptation. I noticed in the pixs, that your rear exiting duals split by your spare tire. Obviously there is no other way except for having them exit at the front of the rear wheels and to the sides. To the story. My Brother in law drove down from VA. to Fla. to pick up a boat. You can get good deals on boats down there. While driving home he passed a Police Officer sitting by the roadside. He was alarmed when the Officer raced after him and pulled him over. The reason quickly became apparent. Pulling the big boat generated a lot of heat in the exhaust and caught the spare tire on fire. That tire was directly underneath a full tank of gasoline. He retrieved the extinguisher, ripping it from boat and w/ the officers help, put the fire out. I don't recall all the specifics, but quite a scary moment. The same thing happened to some buddies of mine. They were pulling a Busch Grand National race car home from N.C. when the truck erupted on fire. They barely got the truck to the side of the road and Mike my buddy was burned pretty bad. I'd go w/ the side exiting pipes too.
I have heard of the Magnaflow dual out the back exhaust kits for some F-150's having the pipes routed close enough to the spare to melt the spare tire. Never heard of any catching on fire but that is the ones that exit under the rear bumper.

What kind of truck has the spare mounted below the fuel tank?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals