• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Frame Swap Questions 2wd reg cab long box, to 4x4 frame ext cab short box

mazdamikey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
b4000
Transmission
Manual
I currently have a 1994 b4000 reg cab, long box, 2wd. The body is in great shape, however the 4L is knocking like crazy, and it needs a new clutch, and just more work and money i dont want to spend... so heres my question. I have a friend who has a 99 b4000 4x4 ext cab, short box, that he rolled over. drive train only has 52,000kms on it, and it runs great. frame is in great shape, but body is toast. What i am wondering is if i purchased this truck for a couple hundred bucks, would i be able to mount my reg cab on the ext cab chassis, and would my long box work on the short box frame. If i have to move cab mount or box mounts on frame is not really not a big deal, however would like to know what i am up against. any help would be appreciated

Boiler

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
this sounds like a possible swap but I would want to make my own measurements before I jumped in. Since you have both trucks on hand can you make measurements from a set of reference points (such as transmission cross member, etc.)? Take your truck to the wrecked truck and position them side by side and check them.

IslandFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
This is probably late, but you should also look out for a twister/bent frame on the rolled truck. Good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals