• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019 Ford Ranger vs. Chevy Colorado - Which Will Be Quicker?

UCFKnightDiver

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
https://www.torquenews.com/1083/2019-ford-ranger-vs-chevy-colorado-which-will-be-quicker

"Pickup truck owners have a whole list of needs and wants before 0-60 MPH times come up. Still, a quick truck is better than a slow truck, particularly for a daily driver. Those pickup truck shoppers who do put strong acceleration on their list of wants will be happy to hear that Ford's new Ranger is going to be quick. Possibly the quickest truck in its class.

The new 2019 Ranger will launch early this coming year. When it hits showrooms it will have a powerful 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. In the current Mustang, this engine produces 310 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. Enough power and twist to propel that lightweight to 60 MPH in just 5.3 seconds according to Motor Trend. In the heavier Lincoln MKC, the 2.3 EcoBoost has enough guts to propel the vehicle to 60 MPH in 6.5 seconds. Based on these tests of the same engine and similar drivetrains to what will be in the Ranger, we expect 0- 60 MPH to land someplace between 6.0 seconds and 6.7 seconds..."

Should be quicker than my current vehicle which will be nice.

Big'Un

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ram
Engine Size
5.7 Hemi
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
$hit Happens
If the past is any indicator, I used to race my 89 Ranger with the 2.9 and 3.73 rear against the S-10 with the 4.3.....We would be pretty even off the line, but once I shifted into 3rd, I would pull away....:icon_thumby: Not to mention the NUMEROUS Camaros, TA's, and most of the common "hot rods" of the day. Got my butt handed to me by an Olds Cutlass Calais with the Quad 4....surprised the he11 out of me !!!

Last edited:

2000sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just Purchased a 2016 Explorer for the wife, as her Edge got totaled. It's equipped with the 2.3L ecoboost. I would imagine it will be similarly tuned for the Ranger. Had it about 4 days now and I'm impressed. It's actually rated 10hp less than the 3.5L duratech, but 55 more ft/lb of torque. I live out in the country, this thing doesn't downshift to pull a hill, they don't seem to phase it. Sort of reminds me of the original 4.0L ranger I used to have, except this has more get up and go, to go along with the lugging power.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
If the past is any indicator, I used to race my 89 Ranger with the 2.9 and 3.73 rear against the S-10 with the 4.3.....We would be pretty even off the line, but once I shifted into 3rd, I would pull away....:icon_thumby: Not to mention the NUMEROUS Camaros, TA's, and most of the common "hot rods" of the day. Got my butt handed to me by an Olds Cutlass Calais with the Quad 4....surprised the he11 out of me !!!
Oh. Ok. Sure. Uh huh. :icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals