• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fants truck

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure what it is but I think it's to reduce vibration.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Now as u see in the first picture my electric motor shaft clipped two radiator fins. So i mounted a plate up inside the shroud. If it ever happens again. Atleast it wnt dig into radiator with the shaft. I knw it aint perty but hey its in the woods most the time. Its my work and hunting truck. Then the braces i slapped together to hold the fan in the shroud solid. Theyre just old gas grill legs cut to plate metal. Lol. Then u the springs are explorer springs and 2010 ranger edge step bars. Got fab a bracket to adapt but for 40 bucks for the set. Hey couldnt pass that up. And then again i have no idea what that thing is that mounts to rearend. Then the other pic is of my 92 explorer r6 rearend. If i remember correctly. Which is the limited slip with 3.73 gears. They match my front. And im lovin the idea of limited slip for hunting.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So i need to leave that huge thing on the rearend?one guy said it was a counter weight. Another said it was for the skid plate to rest against so it wouldnt hit rearend. Ive nvr seen one on a rearend. But all i meed to knw is will it effect it if i rid of it. Cuz it hangs down and im afraid il break it off goin over stumps to haul hogs out of the woods

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
On ur earlier comment. The reason uve nvr seen anyone with issue with motor sliding is cuz they took the time to fix the tranny crossmember right before they went off road. I took a short cut and forgot all about just haven washers and bolts. With the notches cut the same direction for motor mounts and trany mount. Will allow sliding movement. My mistake and i paid for it. We live and learn. This is my first custom built truck. So i learn as i go. Some of the simplest things can cause the biggest issues. I kick myself everyday for skipping out on doin crossmember right. Cuz my truck is down again until i get radiator to shop. I tried soldering the old radiator for practice. Yea. Didnt do so good. So il take it and have a professional fix it and pressure test it for me. Or buy a new one. AGAIN. Lol

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If it's aluminum, soldiering wont fix it. JB weld may do the job. On my 5.0 explorer rad, one of the plastic outer caps was separating at the bottom causing a bad leak so I slapped some jb weld on it till I could afford a new one. Well so far she is holding up great and I don't see me having to replace the rad because of it failing.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It is aluminum. So il go get sme jb weld today. I need my truck back on the rd. the wife didnt like me havin 160lb boar hog in my trunk. Lol. It did kinda stink. But hey im hunting with or without a 4wd. Its just easier have a truck. My toyota drags on every rock. Lol

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another thing I've seen is to crimp and fold over the leaking passages, that is if you aren't going to try and save the rad but instead replace it.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Jb weld worked awesome. Took her out for test drive on my 3 days off. She went off road. Made a few trails by pushing small trees over. Lol. And gave her a bath in the creek. Done great. Just gets hot in arkansas heat when ur playing and not goin fast. I may have to sswap over to high speed on my fan when in the woods in the summer time.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The rearend is howling like nothing ive ever heard before since my fun in the woods. Im thinking about just buying a 7.5 rearend to throw under it until i get my explorer built the way i want. Atleast my truck will go down the road still. I can pick one up for 100 bucks here. Its cheaper to buy a diff rearend than to buy parts to fix this old one. And itl be from a newer ranger. Matching 3.73 gears of course. Gota have my 4wd. Now to convince the wife its a neccasity

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to hear that it worked. Keep extra in your truck just in case it were to give problems.

Make it so that you can use a toggle switch to turn the high on and at the samething it turns the low off so as not to burn the fan motor up.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Been awhile.well I finally got my hands on a dana 35.she's Goin in my truck nxt wk.I actually got a 92 ranger a trade.so I'm Goin to swap rearends.thats and prolly use it as a backup truck.IL post pics soon as I figure out how with my new phone.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
How's ur build comin along?u get it all together and hitting the trails?

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hit the trails a coyote months ago but broke my front cv axle. I have ujoint axles but have to get the money to get new ujoints for them. She sits quietly in the garage. Also have to get a new ignition module, it doesn't want to work when I try and restart after the engine is warmed up, only when it has cooled down.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ur running he distributor right?Napa carries the module for around 20 bucks.yea those ujoints are pricy little buggers.I had my truck Goin til feb.I snapped a hub.causing bearings to slide on spindle and my brakes go out while Goin in 3rd gear down a steep hill.talk about shifting down and squall in tires.she's sat since then.but I shall fix her nxt wk.and hopefully it'll last a long time.I'm Goin to redo my dana 28 though and reinstall in my 92.man I'm gonna need a dana 28 spindle.I've only found one place online and it's over 200 bucks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals