• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cutting off after about 5 min

cdedwards129

Reaction score
Update...
It's getting spark also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP02XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have fuel pressure when it quits? If it is lower than the required pressure this can be a problem as well. I chased an S-10 pump for a month, it would randomly die then re-start shortly after, it had perfect fuel pressure all the time, I finally found it by getting the pump specs and doing a timed volume test and it was way short on delivery.

I would also check the crankshaft position sensor, just worked on a jeep that was dying as well and sometimes a no start situation and it was a failing CPS sensor, no service engine light or code either, had to put it on the scope and see the diminishing signal.

JP02XLT

Last edited:

cdedwards129

Reaction score
Yes I still have spark and fuel when it's acting up..... today it did something new, when I started it at work it would idle high at 1500 and wouldn't come down tell I cut the truck off, but then the truck started back up just fine and run flawlessly all the way home (about 25miles)

cdedwards129

Reaction score
Would I need to set the time through the distributor?

cdedwards129

Reaction score
Ok so I believe I have finally got my problem fixed.... turns out it was the diablo chip in my pcm. I pulled the chip and not a problem one since...

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, unfortunately chips are known to cause problems. I had JET chip on mine. It started intermittently just quitting, even while going down the highway at 70 mph+. Blam, it would just die. Coast to the side of the road, wait a few minutes and it would start right up. Scratched my head and replaced things for quite awhile before I finally remembered that chip, which had been on there for over 10 years. Removed it and the problem vanished.

Guess it just got corrupted over time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals