• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

It's Been Awhile, Time For Rebuild!

87fiveoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Alright guys i'm back, and i'm deciding to tare down my truck and rebuild it once again how i want it. I've been going to EMT school and just finished it, i go for a job interview Thursday so that means more money for the ranger. So as of now my truck is a 87 ranger, 302 ho with a b303 cam,msd 6AL ignition, truck heads that has had a little work done to them, it has a edelbrock 289 performer intake ceramic coated and polished with a Holley 750 carb, it has elite series edelbrock valve covers powder coated 2011 ford blue, it has a set of under drive pullys powder coated anodize blue, the alternator is powder coat chrome, i rebuilt the motor about 2 years ago with all new pistons, rods, main bearings and rod bearings, it has a brand new crank in it and all internals, I put it all back stock spent well over 1400 bucks on it. It has 2 1/2 in pipes running it to super 40 flows with 3in turn downs, the truck has c4 transmission with a shift kit no stall just rebuilt the trans last year and i tore it out again the day before Labor day. Has a 3 core Griffin aluminum radiator. I put a 8.8 4.10 rear end with moser 31 spline axles with a moser full spool with c-clip eliminators hung under the rear end is a set if Lakewood traction bars. The front suspension is the beltech drop beams with 2in lowering beltech springs lowered 5in in the front and 4in In the back. The truck has weld draglites all the way around with 8s in the front and 10s in the back. The interior is grey and black best looking interior in the 87 model I've ever seen, it has a 5in autometer tach with shift light, 2 5/8 autometer ultra lite 2 oil, temp, gauges, B&M Z-gate shifter. No A/C.

That being said, i have everything to rebuild my engine again bearnings etc etc, i have a brand new fuel cell with all the pluming, i haven't decided on what i was going to do with my engine. I'm wanting to build it for racing. I'm thinking on turbo maybe twin with a stroker engine, maybe the new 363 kit they are offering but i haven't read on them a lot to know if they are any good or not. I haven't decided what trans i'm going to run either, i need one that is gonna hold up to the hp ill be pushing and it's gotta be an automatic because i prefer it when racing. I got a roll bar ready to be installed in my truck, but having a hard time finding seats. Like i said i'm wanting a race truck. Opinions and help, ready set go!

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals