• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
This is a NON-POLITICAL thread, in which we will admire, drool over, and be aroused by, any types of firearms. Any pictures I post will be of my own personal collection (unless otherwise noted), since I tend to buy my favorites. But anyone is welcome to post their own, or internet pics. Just keep the political whining and bullshit out! Anyways, on with the drool fest...

I'll start off with one particular rifle. A 1903A3 Springfield made by Remington in 1943. It peaks my interest the most, since as of lately (a few months back) i've fallen ill with Springfield fever. It was a heck of a deal, and quite a collector rifle.

EDIT: The last one turned out crappy. Still learning the new camera settings...
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited:

go-fast

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
nice....i'm jealous.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Here's an older picture. This is a Yugo M48 Mauser, based on and built like the german 98k. That linked ammo is all 8mm mauser. 250 rounds worth... Anyone wanna guess what it cost?

________
Light bulb vaporizer how to

Last edited:

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bet that sucker kicks like a mutha!!!

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I bet that sucker kicks like a mutha!!!
They really don't. The Springfield does pretty good, but the Mauser doesn't. It actually kicks less than my Garand... The 30-30 kicks more than both...

I don't know really, i'm not the best judge on recoil anymore. I used to be concerned about it, now I couldn't care less. I get so into these guns when I shoot them that I don't really feel the recoil.
________
SUBARU REX

Last edited:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have shot a handfull of Mausers. Sounds like a damn cannon going off when you have been shooting .40 hand guns all day. I would agree though, I think the 30/30 I shoot has more kick to it.

I amin the process of purchasing a Mossberg 500. Comes with a 26" rifled barrel with an attached cantilever scope mount and scope, and a 28" field barrel. I am also going to purchase an 18 1/2" barrel and pistol grip with 6 position adjustabve stock.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
This is the only one I have here. All the gun talk got me missing it so I was shooting it today. I keep them in a gun safe at the shop.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Nice SKS, I've always debated putting a scope on mine. How do you like that stock?

Since Mossberg 500 was brought up...

________
Handheld Iolite Vaporizer Review

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The stock is nice. Better than the original at least. Offers better control while standing and is more comfortable to shoot in the prone position. If you put a scope on buy the cover with the built in deflector or make sure you get a nice shock-proof scope. Spent casings bounce off of mine all day when I shoot. I went with the shock proof scope.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I wouldn't be mounting one without a shell deflector. The way those kick shells out, i'd be wondering how long it would take the scope to get knocked out of line. Does yours stay pretty accurate?
________
Rm100

Last edited:

Chaser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have two newer 870s, but no pics of them, But i have a 12 and 16 gauge.. absolutly love the 16

But, instead. i give some crappy pics of my BLR. Chambered in .308 This thing makes a Marlin look like a POS

and here is a better picture of one, but it ain't mine.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I wouldn't be mounting one without a shell deflector. The way those kick shells out, i'd be wondering how long it would take the scope to get knocked out of line. Does yours stay pretty accurate?
It has been good for the 250-350 rounds I have run through it with the scope on. I just benched it today and t was still dead-on.

go-fast

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
This is the only one I have here. All the gun talk got me missing it so I was shooting it today. I keep them in a gun safe at the shop.

nice bayonet

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Here's an older picture. This is a Yugo M48 Mauser, based on and built like the german 98k. That linked ammo is all 8mm mauser. 250 rounds worth... Anyone wanna guess what it cost?

I at one time had an original 1942 production Kar98K Mauser. With an almost mint bayonet. I loved that gun!:wub:

I mostly shot blanks out of it, as I was a WWII Reenactor. This was a hobby I still regret dropping. It was expensive and funds started getting tight once college started.

I always loved getting over to Indiana for a reenactment. Seeing, touching, holding, and firing original WWII weapons is awesome. I did have the oprotunity to fire quite a few weapons with live ammo: MG42, my Kar 98k(kicks like a mother), STG 44, MP40, Gewehr 41, Tompson, BAR, M1, etc, etc. It was the most awesome experience.

Maybe one day, I'll have the extra $$ to play again.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Here are my 2 favorites.......

top is a Bushmaster AR-15 I have a NStar, tactical site on now. The Bottom is the Ruger Mini-14. They both are .223, and I have 30rd magazines for both(2 for the Ruger and 3 for the Bushmaster).....:headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals