• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Guy From Nebraska

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys! New here but not new to Rangers or forums for that matter. Over the years I have had my fair share of Rangers previously including the following: 89, (2) 90's, 91, (3) 92's, 94 and a 2000.

I just picked up a 94 Supercab 4x4 with the 4.0/5 speed combo and will be building this up for the long haul in the near future, after I finish the car. Wife's orders....:D

I've got a lot of searching to do to try and find the information I'm looking for, as I'm sure most of it has been covered time and time again, but I thought I would introduce myself and my "new" toy.

Attachments

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck. Welcome!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice clean truck, the four eye beside it has potential too.

If you get a chance my club is having a car show August 19th in Red Oak, looks like you have two nice potential candidates :icon_thumby:

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Nice clean truck, the four eye beside it has potential too.

If you get a chance my club is having a car show August 19th in Red Oak, looks like you have two nice potential candidates :icon_thumby:
I'm not sure I was aware of the show in Red Oak, which one and where at down there?

The truck is fairly clean, but it does have some rust in the usual spots and some dings and dents that will be needing some attention soon. Pictures really do it some justice LOL. I just have to finish the 4 eye before I dig too deep in the truck.

The 84 GT is my baby and it is almost completed, for the time being. Just needs some paint on the front bumper, finish rebuilding the front suspension while lowering it and some matching upholstery for the later model buckets. All in all, not a bad car that is rocking 250,000 mile parts.....including motor and trans. Not in a hurry to redo the drivetrain as it runs and drives just fine, especially with the aftermarket EFI on it. When the motor gets tired, then more horsepower will follow. :icon_thumby:

A couple shots of the GT.....Hope it is acceptable to post that here.

My plan is to have the GT for the on road toy and the Ranger for my off road needs. :D

Attachments

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Classy Chassis Car Club, we are on facebook. Around the city square. Mine is rustier than yours and will be there. :icon_twisted:

That is a neat color tan, it really looks sharp with the black trim. I don't think I have seen that color before.

I would love a four eye (85-86 are my favorite)

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Classy Chassis Car Club, we are on facebook. Around the city square. Mine is rustier than yours and will be there. :icon_twisted:

That is a neat color tan, it really looks sharp with the black trim. I don't think I have seen that color before.

I would love a four eye (85-86 are my favorite)
Cool. I will check it out and might be able to bring one or the other down. :icon_thumby:

I like the color of the GT and it is actually a factory color, paint code 8Q (Desert Tan). Supposedly one of only 500 or so GT's in that color. It would have been done over the winter/spring but unfortunately life got in the way so I'm behind.

As for the truck, I haven't completely made up my mind how I want to proceed yet. I have always wanted to do a prerunner style truck but I'm really wanting to do the heavy research before making a choice. I can see modification costs getting out of hand really quick as I fully intend on building it to excel both off and on road. I want to build something reliable and easy to drive dual purpose. When I say drive....I actually mean flog the snot out of it and use as intended. I'm not someone that builds something just to park it or take it to the store, like most of the Jeeps I see up here.

I may use the term "budget build" in the future, but that is by no means intended to be mistaken for "cheap". Cheap usually means broken quickly and I try to avoid that at all costs. :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Like what kind of offroading are you planning? Really in our area a stock truck will do quite a bit (I marvel that my stock dd F-150 has probably done more real offroading than most of the lifted rigs in the city)

Pre running is different than trail crawling which is all different that what you can do around here in the midwest.

I got tired of eating mud when I work on my truck so now I just bust snow drifts with it... been slim pickings lately.

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Like what kind of offroading are you planning? Really in our area a stock truck will do quite a bit (I marvel that my stock dd F-150 has probably done more real offroading than most of the lifted rigs in the city)

Pre running is different than trail crawling which is all different that what you can do around here in the midwest.

I got tired of eating mud when I work on my truck so now I just bust snow drifts with it... been slim pickings lately.
Being born and raised here, I fully get what you are saying. I never have been much of one to go mud slinging out in the back 40 so I'm really not looking to make a mud runner. Never really been interested in slowly climbing over immobile trail objects either. Now a high speed blast down some jacked up M.M. roads is my kinda fun but it always leads to wanting more.These are the reasons I'm torn on which direction I really want to go with this one.

One thing I do is travel quite a bit so it could be fun to go and hit the hills and valleys out in CO or go hit Little Sahara for a weekend. Like I said, I want to build something I will use and that's why I will do a ton of research before I make a choice.

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Well it’s been awhile, but I’m back with a different one. The 94 decided to blow the transmission into 2 pieces while I’m on a trip, so I needed to get into another vehicle. Ended up finding a rust free, clean, 2010 4x4 with a hell of a warranty and 80,000 miles. It for sure has a body lift on it and can’t wait to see how she does.

I will say it is weird driving an automatic. Lol!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
IKR? It won’t let me attach pics from my phone so I’m logging into the computer right now. Hopefully I will have a couple up in the next couple minutes. :D

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
A Couple Crappy Pics Of The New Ride

Sorry for the couple crappy pics of the new ride, I literally work from dark to dark. I promise to get better pics this weekend, but since I'm in Colorado for work, it's real hit and miss on when I get a chance to escape for a photo op.

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
After driving the truck around for the past week, I will definitely have to do some things to it, once I get home.

#1....replace the front prop shaft as it started making some noise. I'm half tempted to just do the joint replacement on it as the full shaft is expensive. :icon_surprised:

#2...clean off the driving/fog lights. Some moron painted them. :icon_confused:

#3...get some more metal and meat to fill in the wheel wells. :D

Here are a couple more photos of the new ride 8,000 feet in the air on a path barely big enough for a small Ranger.

Attachments

Dangerrangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 and 04
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 s
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Do it right the first time !!!!!!!!!!
Welcome , nice ride !!!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals