• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 Ford Bronco II Main Cab Harness Diagram

Herms88BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Since my BII is down and it is too cold to work on it outside, i decided to yank the electrical system out of it & create wiring diagrams for all the harnesses and during this process fix the wiring issues im experiencing.

The first one i have completed is the Main Cab Harness (including the portion in the engine bay). I dont have all the connectors named but would be willing to update the drawing based off of anyones input.

I've gained alot of mechanical knowledge from this forum and since i'm an electrical engineer by trade, i figured this could be my gift back to the community.

Stay tuned for more (wont happen too fast, maybe another week or two and i'll have the engine harness mapped)

- Aaron

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Transmission
Manual
Holy crap balls! You are the man. I pulled the dash out of my 89 B2 today to work on a few things. This will definitely help me trace a few wires!!!

THANKS FOR THIS INFO!

Herms88BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
No worries dude! Here's another document i created to go along with it...its still a work in progress (havent verified all the wire gauges) but its a nice companion to the schematic.

jhammel85

Looks like a TON of work. Someone should really put this in our library...Well done man!

jhammel85

By the way...I've had issues with finding out what #5 and 8 are myself. No idea where they go..They've always been unhooked.

Will you be updating us on what goes where?

Thanks alot for this! It's a great diagram..

Last edited:

Herms88BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
The plan is that as I get a more complete view of the electrical system (chase circuits from one harness through another) i'll go back and update each print so it is complete.

Once this is done, i'm going to redesign the cab & engine harnesses to relocate the entire power distribution system (using a Cooper Bussmann RTMR for a power distribution module) and EEC to where the cubby & glove box are currently...This should get all the relays/etc (but not the fuse links) out of the engine bay and raise the electrical system to a higher/safer position in the cab. I'm also going to be using an environmentally sealed 102 pin bulkhead connector to pass wires through the firewall (will allow for easy engine swap in the future) & am moving the passthrough to the passenger side.

Its probably going to be about 200+ hours of work to do the whole thing but its what i do for living (sometimes) and something i enjoy so it shouldnt be too painful.

In the end i hope to provide prints for how to do the rework i am doing that are accurate and easy to do. Our trucks are old...they need all the help they can get!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Wow...when I opened the first document I thought..."oh, great, a mess of wires..."...then I blew up the image and started tracing the wires...awesome!

The second document was what I was thinking of when I was looking at the first...what are the connectors and what do they look like...

This will earn you rep points all over the place...I will start that out...and thanks for taking the time...

neeter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
cannot open

I've tried several times and different computers and I cannot pull up the attachment. If you still have it, would you be willing to send it to my email. Having the worst time to find a diagram and I want to see if this works.

duchie12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I also just tried to open both attachment and only got a blueish gray screen. Did it get moved somewhere??? I had to splice a fuse box out of my nephews ranger into my bronco II harness. After I had a global meltdown from the fuel pump lead. when I say melt down it was just about every wire coming out of the fuse box twisted together with the insulation melted together like crayons on a hot day. But I'm chasing down one little short that leaves my rear running lights on. But it has to be the smallest short as you barely notice the lights are on at night. :icon_confused: Thanks

janean

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can open the attachment is there anyway you could send me pics by email thank you

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I made copies of this years ago...

1988_Ford_Bronco_II Main_Cab_Harness_Connector_List.pdf
1988_Ford_Bronco_II_Main_Cab_Harness_Schematic.pdf

Not sure if you will be able to open these...but I can try to upload them as attachments...

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Your attachments opened for me. The originals didn't. I also saved a copy because I have also noticed the disappearance of some attachments and pictures on different forums and threads. I don't know the reason, but suspect that the attachment was deleted because of non-use.
PS, thanks for saving those, they're great.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
OK, good thing. You're welcome...I remember seeing them and thinking this guy put quite a bit of work into this and they might come in handy some day...looks like they're still in demand too...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals