• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dots on the speedo

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
What are those small dots on the speedo dial for.Are those shift range points? They are on the inside of the MPH scale.There are 2 dots at 10 and 14mph,2 at 29 and 33 and 60 and 63 mph.

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I honestly never noticed those till reading this. If it is shift points my a4ld is WAY off lol

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
I honestly never noticed those till reading this. If it is shift points my a4ld is WAY off lol
How's the 4.0 working for you,what year motor did you put in?

marcuspur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
are you talkin about the the 2 that are just to the left and right of the needle if so there the screws to hold it on if that ant what your talkin about that im not sure

marcuspur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
are you talkin about the the 2 that are just to the left and right of the needle if so there the screws to hold it on if that ant what your talkin about that im not sure

o i just seen what you where talkin about i have no idea what thay are:icon_confused:

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
i have noticed those on my B2. I do notice that the shift of the a4ld do coincide with those markings.

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
i have noticed those on my B2. I do notice that the shift of the a4ld do coincide with those markings.
I thought that's what they were for, auto trans.I thought Ford was messing with me.I was going to get a lawyer and sue.:icon_rofl:

marcuspur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I thought that's what they were for, auto trans.I thought Ford was messing with me.I was going to get a lawyer and sue.:icon_rofl:
lmfao ford does a lot of crap to mess with me :shok:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
How's the 4.0 working for you,what year motor did you put in?
The 4.0 is awesome. I love it. I used a 92 explorer motor and everything. The wiring was a nightmare. But now I've heard use a ranger harness? Idk how true that is personally but... Lol. Love the power the gas milage the everything!

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
The 4.0 is awesome. I love it. I used a 92 explorer motor and everything. The wiring was a nightmare. But now I've heard use a ranger harness? Idk how true that is personally but... Lol. Love the power the gas milage the everything!
Thats good to hear,I think when the time comes to replace mine I am going to put in a 4.0

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Thats good to hear,I think when the time comes to replace mine I am going to put in a 4.0
just do your research first for sure. i used the motor, trans, t/case, and driveshafts. on the driveshaft you need to find a spare explorer driveshaft and use the front flange on the rear of the driveshaft you will be using. the 8.8 has a wider flange than the 7.5. you'll wanna do this just to get rid of the cv joint style driveshaft if you have it. on the front driveshaft i went from the splined of the b2 to the completely bolt in of the explorer b/c of the swapping of t/cases. i've done this swap and done a 302 swap for a friend and with all the work involved in the other, i think the 4.0 is more practical.. its cheaper and easier. and still plenty of power, don't get me wrong, i'd love to have a 302 :headbang:

and wow, TRS is getting like other off road forums i'm on a lot, always thread hijacking and getting off topic lol. my bad guys..

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
What are those small dots on the speedo dial for.Are those shift range points? They are on the inside of the MPH scale.There are 2 dots at 10 and 14mph,2 at 29 and 33 and 60 and 63 mph.
mine is in Overdrive LOOONNNGGG before 60 or 63

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I have them on my speedometer...they align almost perfectly with "conservative" driving with a 2.3 manual tranny...but I usually shift just a bit over them to optimize the gear ratio...and I've taken third up as high as 90 Km/hr (just taking it easy) without the revs going too high...and I think I can take it as high as 100, but I don't want to go there yet...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals