• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

full width sas

quaallen

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
danna 44 from 78-79 and ford 9 in 89 ranger. just wonderin bout a few things. 1)did you guys use the radias moutning brackets from the donor?? we fabed our own. but they seem like theyre gona hang a lil to low for my comfort. 2) i aint likeing the foctory coil buckets so im wantin to put in stock 79f150 buckets. but may not waste my time cuz were thinkin of just welding the coils top and botom. but for shock mounts on the bracket... wht to do. i want 2 be able to flex so am i gona have to make shock brackets?? what u guys do.. i know alot of this is covered but everything i read is not refrenced to full width axels.. i got more to touch up on so youll be getin more dumb questions. the truck is done for the most part i was just double checkin on some things.. thanx any info on ANYTHING doing with full width swap is appreasheated.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
danna 44 from 78-79 and ford 9 in 89 ranger. just wonderin bout a few things. 1)did you guys use the radias moutning brackets from the donor?? we fabed our own. but they seem like theyre gona hang a lil to low for my comfort. 2) i aint likeing the foctory coil buckets so im wantin to put in stock 79f150 buckets. but may not waste my time cuz were thinkin of just welding the coils top and botom. but for shock mounts on the bracket... wht to do. i want 2 be able to flex so am i gona have to make shock brackets?? what u guys do.. i know alot of this is covered but everything i read is not refrenced to full width axels.. i got more to touch up on so youll be getin more dumb questions. the truck is done for the most part i was just double checkin on some things.. thanx any info on ANYTHING doing with full width swap is appreasheated.
i am scared by what you said you have/plan to do.particularly by what i copied and pasted below...... welding springs in place ranks right up there with welding a spindle on since you lost the bolts......

but may not waste my time cuz were thinkin of just welding the coils top and botom.

shocks are usually an important part of a suspension, i would buy/make mounts for them.

did you pass 5th grade?

quaallen

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
welding springs in is just for safety. that way they dont fly out. I KNOW i need shocks i was just wondering what you guys used for brackets. jeeze youd think some of the people on this sight must of grown up wearing a helmet when they rode theyre bikes. or followed did ALL the safety rules. sometimes safety means PUSSY!! but not in this matter i understand. but just other things. anywho back to the questions.. thanx

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
welding springs in is just for safety. that way they dont fly out. I KNOW i need shocks i was just wondering what you guys used for brackets. jeeze youd think some of the people on this sight must of grown up wearing a helmet when they rode theyre bikes. or followed did ALL the safety rules. sometimes safety means PUSSY!! but not in this matter i understand. but just other things. anywho back to the questions.. thanx
this has nothing to do with being a pussy. welding spring metal is a big NO NO in the welding community. they sell tons of different brackets just look into it. i got mine for my 8.8 from the local 4wp. think through and develop your questions before you go typing unorganized junk please.

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
not only is welding springs unsafe but also changes the temper.

quaallen

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok i think ill just buy coil buckets. i didnt like the way they sat in there anyway. what about shock mounts??

quaallen

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
and also are you guys using the 78 radious arm brackets on a full width danna 44?? we fabed our own. but they are directly in front of the tranny crossmember instead of below it like in the pics ive seen on here. is this correct??? or should i say will this work fine??

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I think he just puked onto his keyboard !! ??

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
why oh why would you weld springs? even my wife (who had to come on here and ask about changing the oil and did a TRS magazine article on it from a noobie's POV) know better. I read your post to her and she ask if you were cartarded or just car stupid?

quaallen

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
whatever! if you had read it i said ive desided not gonna weld them. i had also asked if people were useing 79 radios arm brackets on a full width axel swap. got no answer to that. doosh. and i asked about shock mounts as well. doosh. any help would be nice thanx again!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals