• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Exactly what I was thinking to use brotha . Awesome it's back together [emoji482][emoji1376]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prymetime1

Reaction score
Yeah man!!!! Thanks! I am super stoked it seems to be working. Today I managed to fix the dim headlight issue. Found my ground was not tied in that well from my splice. Redid that and we got some brights again. [emoji106]

I think I'm going with some new lights since the output is pretty minimal.
Hid units or possibly some led bulbs, whatever is good n cheap.

Next on the list is working on a new exhaust and putting my speedo adapter in.

buell-eyed-devil

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0-ZF in process
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"body on new poly body mounts
Tire Size
My credo
Hey ya'll, watch this
Just binge read your entire build. I have to say awesome job. Need to get back on my B2 project. Thanks for some good ideas.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Just binge read your entire build. I have to say awesome job. Need to get back on my B2 project. Thanks for some good ideas.
Thanks alot broskie. Truck is still in the build mode since it don't seem to wanna work right for too long haha. Good luck on ur build. Love to see some pics of the progress.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Go with 9007 cree . I've had hids in all my rides . But always replacing ballast and bulbs . Cree have no warm up time and don't depend on a full 12v for full power.

buell-eyed-devil

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0-ZF in process
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
My credo
Hey ya'll, watch this
hope to get some this weekend..not as radical as yours....stock 302, GT40 heads blockhugger headers, gear drive(noisy) timing. 1 wire GM style distributor, big summit cam..edelbrock performer intake..Holley 600 carb connected to a c4/c5 hybrid slushbox spinning 35 inch tires

Last edited:

buell-eyed-devil

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0-ZF in process
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
My credo
Hey ya'll, watch this
and it will be 4x4

prymetime1

Reaction score
Been a while....life moves on. Me and the wife to be had our baby boy 3 weeks ago so that's while it's been quite in here :)
I'm getting back at the truck in next few weeks once it warms up around here and first things first. Engine is getting pulled and sent for rebuild. With how it's been smoking I am pretty sure the rings are shot. So from there I still have a bunch of work to do. I got a sweet miller match 141 welder fonr xmas and plan on putting that to use on my exhaust, trans cross member and Maybe a four link out back in time. I'm on the look out for an explorer rear end still so hopefully get one locally at a jy, then I can make some progress. Id like to get the stance right once I have the engine back in so well see how it all goes. But I'm still around and the truck is just waiting to get torn back into.

prymetime1

Reaction score

I pulled the bay harness and started to clean up some loose ends that I didn't like. I also went under and pulled out some unnecessary harness for old fuel pump and transmission. I re wrapped it all in electrical tape and tucked it back in the frame rail. I also cleaned up, re routed and taped up a lot of wiring that I added under the hood.
Additionally I fixed a few little issues that have been lingering.
A. Checked my fan temp sensor and found it was broken thus why it was not coming on with out being switched from in the cab. Got a new one on order
B. Trans temp gauge had issues where it would not stay illuminated, fixed that. Now I just need to check the temp sending unit as it doesn't seem to work.
C. My center console was very sloppy and loose, I pulled it off and added some washers & rubber to take the slack out. Works good, nice n tight as it should be.
D. Pulled my headliner to re glue it. Seems I didn't get it laid down well enough and it started to sag.
F. Added my speedo adapter that I've had waiting to go in. Upon testing it around the block, I heard it clicking but still not registering mph. I will re check this next week. I hope it just not in all the way or something stupid.

I added a bunch of stuff to my summit cart that should help me button up a few other issues I needed to change since the engines getting pulled next week.
1. Kick down cable for the c4
2. New temp sensor
3. Prothane fox body motor mounts
4. Flexible radiator hose
5. Oil pan dipstick adapter - adding this to the rear sump for better readings. Hopefully it works since I can only get oil reading from the front sump being it's a 68 block and it reads from the timing cover and its cheaper than the canton or moroso pans out there with the correct provision.
Really not looking fwd to pulling the engine but it's gotta come out so I can keep things moving. Dude told me it'll only be a couple of weeks for the work to be completed, that's a bonus. Hopefully have it ready for cruises & the strip by summer.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
1994 347/c4 build -project name pending

Gettin work done son . I see yea . I got a lot of shit to do this week for the next event . Wanna see how those stang mounts work for yea thing about grabbing some myself

prymetime1

Reaction score
Gettin work done son . I see yea . I got a lot of shit to do this week for the next event . Wanna see how those stang mounts work for yea thing about grabbing some myself

Hey atx! Been a bit. Glad to see your still making updates to your truck too. .it's looking good and I'm sure it's rewarding getting to do events with it.. I will let Ya know how it works out with those mounts. They look similar to how my transdapt ones bolt in so I hope they actually work since they look alot better built. If not I may go with a different style engine mount from the old stangs where it bolts through front to back instead of down. It takes forever to pull the one side mount since u can only get a small turn of the wrench each time, a real pain in the ass.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Bro, I see you still at it! I been driving mine alot. I just got a 93 ranger splash it is beat up but it it my gas saver 2.3 5-speed. Keep up the good work:yahoo:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey Bro, I see you still at it! I been driving mine alot. I just got a 93 ranger splash it is beat up but it it my gas saver 2.3 5-speed. Keep up the good work:yahoo:
Hey bud, yeah man, still working on getting everything in good shape. Glad u are getting to enjoy yours. My time and priorities have shifted over the last year and with our lil one here, it has def limited some of my time. That and work. :/ I figured I'll have it done by the time he starts driving in 16 years and he can mess it then.hahaha

As far as progress goes lately...it's just sitting, ready for engine pulling.
I did however find a set of mounts that I'm about to order up:

Hoping to make pulling the engine out easier and maybe raising it just a tad. Give me some room around the power steering pump that is super close to my frame rail up there.
I believe my speedo issue is actually my cable so, that'll be on order as well. Trying to figure out the small things so I can put it back together n be ready for cruising.
I'll be looking to do the rear end soon too, just gotta call a few jy and see what's available.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Ok so no real update as far as progress goes. I finally pulled the Trigger on my parts and we'll here they are.

Got new motor mounts from Jeff bronco graveyard:

I hope they line up the same as the transdapt ones do. If so, we're golden. If not, new plates will be made.

For my oil pan dipstick, I found that the ford 7.3 diesel has issues with leaking around the dipstick and the fix for it is the below part. I believe I can just put a hole in my pan and fix this into place:

My next issue to address is my fan switch. Replacing it with 185 degree sensor, hope it kicks on normally now:

Next up is my trans, lokar kickdown cable to hopefully help expand the life of it and give me passing gear.

To address my speedo, got this from Scott drake:

And finally, I had a bend in my cooling system that I was not digging, hoping this will help let it flow alil better:

Now that these showed up, I can tweak my issues and get to pulling the engine.

Till then.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals