• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

heads, lifters, pushrods, shaft style rocker arms

C130MARINE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger STX
Transmission
Automatic
Hello Gents,
Okay here is my situation. I have a 91 STX 4x4 with 4.0 OHV truck has sat a 1 1/2 yrs now. Parked it because lower intake was leaking. Building a nasty 347 swap. Okay well now i need this truck to be my daily for a few months. I tear her down only to find collapsed intake lifter on number 4. Great, so now i have to pull the heads (all orig motor, never has been torn into) I also see there is wear on pushrods. Okay so my plans are to order 95tm heads(yes bump the compression, Im well aware). Does anyone make the spacers that go inbetween the rockers anymore? I saw our stock ratio is 1.5 does anyone make a 1.6? where is best place to get rockers and pushrods and lifters? Yes, i dont want to put a ton of money in the 4.0 but i dont want to buy china crap and have it fail. All the posts i find are from 2010, 2009, 2005 and older. I really want to go with the 422 cam as well, and i will justify 300 bucks, since i have to buy lifters anyway, but then i read i def will need diff springs and have to get head machined to hold the larger diameter?

so where is the best place to get rockers? and diff ratios avail if i were to keep the stock cam?

spacers for the rockers? any memebers know where to buy a set or who has them?

if i go with 422 cam, where can i get the recommended longer pushrods?

brands of lifters to stay away from? or the brand i should buy?

biggest oversized valve to fit in our heads is 1.8 and 1.4 (from what i have read) was wondering if i should get bare castings and buy valves and springs seperately. does anyone have a clue if any company i could call and give the application and they will know what to make as far as the valves?

Gents i appologize, but i need to get a plan together quick. all assistance/guidance/comments are welcomed.

Thank you,
Dale

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Hi I did the 410 cam swap a few years back. The push rods came from a shop in Oregon with roller lifters i did replace them, however that was just a matter of doing. probally they didnt need to be done. why go the 422, and not the 410? from what you said all the head stuff will probaly be work done at a custom head shop, i don't think there is much stuff after market for the heads/head work. not much but i tried to help ya.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals