• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil pressure, battery voltage gauges

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
My 09 ranger only has the 4 basic gauges temp. Speed, RPM, and gas. I just want the other gauges to check everything else. I know u can most likely buy gauges and install them but can u swap the cluster with another ranger?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well you can swap dashboard gauges but...........you would need to find one that had those extra gauges, and also from the same generation so it would fit.
I can't speak on the '09 gauge layout and what year might have the other gauges.

The Voltage gauge shouldn't be hard to wire in, it just taps the Battery Light circuit.
Oil Pressure is another thing altogether, Ford dropped the oil pressure sender in the mid-'80s, they changed to an oil pressure switch, under 6psi switch is open, needle is down, above 6psi switch is closed, needle goes to about 1/2 way on gauge, while they still used a gauge it was just an idiot light with a needle instead of a bulb.
I guess over the years they figured everyone knew this so they drop the pretext of a gauge and just left the light.

So for a real oil pressure gauge you won't be using a Ford gauge, and you will need to add an oil pressure sender(like a PS60) on a "T" with the oil pressure switch on the engine, switch has to stay or the oil light will be on all the time.

There are a few companies that make full digital dashes, this is just a generic rectangle one: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=220/category_id=69/mode=prod/prd220.htm

But the idea is there, you can pick and choose what data you want to display if you decide on a full custom dash.

You can also just get a single multifunction gauge, small, but will have volts and oil pressure on one gauge.
Examples: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=252/mode=cat/cat252.htm

Last edited:

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I feel it would just be easier to buy the gauges and install them on the side panel but if another year ranger has the gauges on the dash it would be cheaper to swap it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals