• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 93 splash 4x4

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Azle, Tx. Its about 20 miles from downtown Fort Worth, we got hit really hard by the storm with tons of sleet.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It wasn't bad till Friday night when the slush turned to ice. I broke a spring on the way to work Saturday so I've been driving real easy until it gets good enough to take the car out again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, were I live we got about 3-inches. When it turned into solid ice Friday night we were having to help people get unstuck everywhere we went. I've gotten 125 miles on the truck in this weather because everyone around us keeps needing to go to the store or church. One time I had 2 people in the cab and 4 in the bed, the cops really don't mind because everyone is driving their utvs, atvs, tractors, ect. I Sure am glad I got a 4wd!

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pretty big update:
Well for starters the truck has just been a awesome all round vehicle this past year. I purchased it with about 9000 miles on the odometer in June of last year and currently have 22,000 miles on the odometer. Its been used as a truck these last 13k miles to say the least.
Upgrades installed recently:
Curt class 3 trailer hitch off ebay:

The hitch is a curt class 3 I got off eBay. Took about 3hrs to install, is rated to tow up to 6000lbs, pretty solid hitch for the price. So far I've towed both my boat and a load of scrap metal that weighed in at about 3000 lbs. including the trailer (16ft flatbed). I'm going to be installing a brake controller before I tow to much more than that, although it towed it perfectly fine, definitely within the trucks comfort zone.

I purchased the truck with broken seat belts and found/find myself carrying 2 passengers quite often. This proved to be both difficult and illegal so I bought a junkyard black and grey 60/40 seat out of a 06 ranger. This seat is awesome! Its much stiffer than the previous bucket seats and provides me with just a bit more leg room too.

New to me 60/40 bench seat:

I kind of lucked out on this. I was browsing through craigslist and found a brush guard that fit the 93-97 rangers! I was really surprised because I had been searching for a solid aftermarket grill guard without to much success. I got a great deal on the grill guard and thinks it makes the truck look 10x better than it did with lights simply bolted onto the bumper.

Lights on bumper:

New grill guard:

The grill guard bolts to the frame and is welded vs. bolted together. I plan on installing 3 of the 4 offroad lights directly to it while wiring them into my bights vs. having a sketchy switch in the cab. I think it looks great and gives the truck the rugged working truck look that I'm aiming for.

I did also install a nice new pioneer Bluetooth stereo. It pretty much a night and day difference in sound quality before and after.

Stereo:

A few projects I need or want to do:

-Air compressor replace (will be very soon)
-Tailgate bushing repair
-Still need that new windshield
-Custom rear bumper
-On the lookout for a v8 parts explorer with 3:73 rear (swap will take place in autotech next year most likely)
-custom bed rail/headache rack/tool box combo
-electric trailer brakes
-dana 35 or maybe solid axle (not certain yet)
-tranny cooler
-Bedline: rockers, front bumper, grill guard, new rear bumper, bed and headache rack
-sliders
-need to fix dry rotted gas tank filler hose
-need to replace core support (this is going to be very fun)
-some sort of suspension lift will take place
-body will be lifted some with new bushings lol
-needs new headliner
-needs new rear speakers
-needs new dash
-the list goes on and on and on and on with little $$ lol

Last edited:

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haven't done much, really been working more on my projects than my dd. A few small updates...

Here is what it looks like as of now:

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Went to bridgeport ohv today, truck did amazing.

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Went to bridgeport ohv today, its really amazing how much these trucks can do stock with 29 inch tires...not to say im not upgrading...but still...here's a pic

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Nice upgrades, Your new seats look like they fit well in the smaller 93/97 cab. The Ranger Splash package looks great in red.

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice upgrades, Your new seats look like they fit well in the smaller 93/97 cab. The Ranger Splash package looks great in red.
Thanks! Yeah the seats do fit pretty well. One of my favorite upgrades so far!

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Update:

Found a dana 35 w/ front driveshaft at our local junkyard using www.car-part.com/. They were asking 250$ for it but since I knew some people I talked them down to 195$. It has 3.73 gears, I believe this gearing will be pretty good for 31s or 32s with the explorer 5.0. The plan thus far is to lift the truck 1.5 inches with the summitracing coils to avoid having to purchase drop brackets. If somone has any drop brackets/radius arms for a 3-4" lift I'd be willing to buy those at the right price. Otherwise Ill just fabricate my own in autotech or lift it only 1.5" which Id rather not do....Anyways heres the picture from the junkyard!

Last edited:

CountryDriven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Update

Id like it to end up looking something like this height wise, this guy has 2" spacers in the front of his ranger:

My truck as of now for comparison:
]

Last edited:

xironworker2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
splash

beautiful splash

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals