• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trex billet grille

stevo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We'll I finally got around to it. The directions that came with it suck. I used a dremel, took about an hour. I didn't get it perfect but close enough for my first try. After looking at it I kinda miss my stock grille. I bought it off amazon, it was bent on right side out of box but i straightened it up best I could.

Attachments

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I like it!! Looks good, I might trey it to my 2000 XLT stepper. It looks so shinny that now you've got to clean up those headlights now. Looks like you updated your mirrors too.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I just went outside and took a look at my truck. You had to do quite a bit of trimming to install this. Did you get some sort of template or guide? Now I think you did a really good job. I just noticed that rare South Carolina snow on the ground. Got about 6"s here in Hanover, Va. today.

Last edited:

KnockKnock

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It sucks that it was bent out-of-the-box, but I think it looks real nice! :icon_thumby: I plan on getting a grille like that in black for my own ride eventually.

stevo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just went outside and took a look at my truck. You had to do quite a bit of trimming to install this. Did you get some sort of template or guide? Now I think you did a really good job. I just noticed that rare South Carolina snow on the ground. Got about 6"s here in Hanover, Va. today.
The instructions had a black n white picture, not very good. I searched the forums for pics, I just took my time and cut off lil by lil checking it each time, then I used a sanding bit on my dremel on the edges. I have more pics of the cutout on my profile. I definitely need to do something with my headlights now lol

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
STEVO; I was wondering if you're still happy w/ your TREX Billet grill. I'm ready for another project and want to make sure this is a good way to go. Is it holding up and not causing you any remorse.

stevo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
STEVO; I was wondering if you're still happy w/ your TREX Billet grill. I'm ready for another project and want to make sure this is a good way to go. Is it holding up and not causing you any remorse.
Yes kowboy I am still happy with the grill, it's holding up great so far, no issues

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Yes kowboy I am still happy with the grill, it's holding up great so far, no issues
Thanks Stevo; going to order one today. I've just been burnt on EBAY by some cheap cab lights and didn't want to go through that again. Thanks again.

truckfan

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Loos good. May I know how much it cost you?

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Just got my new Billet Grill in. I do like it. I also put the overhead lights on a few weeks back. My advice is DO NOT buy the lights available on EBAY. I made that mistake and wasted some money. Broke the very first one on install and didn't bother w/ the rest. Trash!!!

Attachments

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Just got my new Billet Grill in. I do like it. I also put the overhead lights on a few weeks back. My advice is DO NOT buy the lights available on EBAY. I made that mistake and wasted some money. Broke the very first one on install and didn't bother w/ the rest. Trash!!!
I thought I would also mention that the lights are from GROTE.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals