• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rough Country 4" lift not level

jt86tn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just installed the 4" Rough Country lift on my '96 2wd 4.0 this past weekend. Unfortunately it's not as level as I expected or would like for it to be. I didn't expect it to be perfectly level but I certainly thought it would be a lot closer than it is. Has anyone else had this issue with this kit? I plan on going a little higher with a body lift but I need to get this leveling issue worked out first. I guess the easiest option would be coil spacers? Not sure what other options I have. When I'm finished with it all, I'm wanting to achieve the look of the 4wd models that have 4" of lift. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow of the truck.

Last edited:

sc_frontier

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does the front or back need adjustment? You might can replace rear spring shackles to go higher or lower, add an axle spacer, or add front coil spacers.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
I'm assuming that the rear is higher than the front. If you are going to do a body lift you can taper the blocks to even it outour just use shorter lift blocks under the leaf springs. On my 4x4 the front is lifted 5 1/2 " one the rear only 2 and it sits pretty level. If you use coil spacers the alignment get a little tricky.

jt86tn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Rough Country sent me a new set of coil springs and I just got them today. They said the ones I have could potentially be weak and causing them to sag so I'm going to try these new ones. If these don't work I've decided I'm going to get some 6" lift springs instead of the coil spacers. I'll either get the skyjacker or BDS springs so I'll have to do some research between the two to decide which ones would be best but I'm hoping these new Rough Country springs work so I don't have to buy any more.

jt86tn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does the front or back need adjustment? You might can replace rear spring shackles to go higher or lower, add an axle spacer, or add front coil spacers.
The rear is higher. It still has that "rake" to it like it did with the factory components...it's just higher lol. Doesn't make any sense unless the springs I have are weak like the guy at Rough Country said could be the case although they've never had that issue with a Ranger. He actually said if anything the kit will set the front just a hair higher than the back so I don't know what's up with mine.

FillMarr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
255/70/16
The rear is higher. It still has that "rake" to it like it did with the factory components...it's just higher lol. Doesn't make any sense unless the springs I have are weak like the guy at Rough Country said could be the case although they've never had that issue with a Ranger. He actually said if anything the kit will set the front just a hair higher than the back so I don't know what's up with mine.

JT- what size tires do you have with the 4” lift? I also have a 2wd. I jacked my truck up to see what the 4” would look like with 31” tires, and I thought it look too high for the tire size. Got any pics of your set up?

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals