• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

vibration under acceleration??

dugga4life

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
94 ranger 4.0 man. trans 4x4, when i have it any gear when i hit the gas it vibrates and when i let it off it goes away, and my ujoints on the front axle shaft are shot, but i thought that was only in use when your in four wheel, does that shaft spin even if your not in four wheel?

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Check the carrier bearing in the rear drive shaft. If the rubber that supports it is bad then they tend to vibrate under load.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Vibrations and rubber? Never mind. I'm with Panama (not physically.)

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Have you tried slipping the clutch under power and see if you can make it go away. Knowing you have bad U joints my first thought is fix the obvious first. The front driveshaft shouldnt spin if the hubs are unlocked and the transfer is in 2 high they need to be replaced anyway. Maybe a bad mount somewhere flopping around under a load, is the driveshaft a center spline? With the engine off and tranny in neutral man handle the driveshaft from the transfer case output to the pinion shaft input. If your persistent it will slap you in the face.

hdmm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The '97 I just bought was doing this on take off, found that the rear end u-bolts were loose, causing the rear axle to tip up when taking off from a start, which caused the vibration. Tightened up u-bolts, vibration gone.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals