• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Unable to locate turn signal fuse

K4AQO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
After looking up several manuals online, my 1997 ranger xl's fuse box is quite a bit different. Same layout, but different fuses in different places. I imagine the last owner just plugged in random fuses and went about driving it, but I am not 100% sure because, all the owner's manuals I have found are for several different rangers including mine. I am trying to fix my turn signals, I know it isn't the relay or the lights so, I figure it is probably the fuse. Problem is I can't find the fuse. It should be a 10 amp fuse at 22,according to the manual, but there is a 30 amp fuse there so, it is throwing me off quite a bit.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
This is easy. If you have found the spot, and suspect the PO did stupid, ignore the amp ratings, pull the fuse you think is in the spot you need, and see if it's blown.

K4AQO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oddly enough, the fuse is not blown.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Just to be sure, if you look at the block so it looks like a backwards Nevada, pointy spot on the bottom left side, fuse 22 is the 6th one down in the long row, and number 22, one spot to the right is also called out for a flasher. Spot 23 is unused. Check fuse 22 as well.

K4AQO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Spot 23 had a ten amp fuse in it, since it is unused I put the fuse from 23 into 22 just to see what happened and nothing happened when I turned the turn signal on. Maybe it is a loose connection somewhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals