• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear anti sway bar looks off center

geoffthepoolguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Anyone have a pic of their rear axle they can post? I was changing the differential fluid today and noticed my anti sway bar looks a little funky. Are the U bolts normally pointing straight up? Also on one side the clamp is actually on top of the side of the "pumpkin" If I can I'll post a pic tomorrow, got too dark tonite.

Thanks,
Geoff

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Anyone have a pic of their rear axle they can post? I was changing the differential fluid today and noticed my anti sway bar looks a little funky. Are the U bolts normally pointing straight up? Also on one side the clamp is actually on top of the side of the "pumpkin" If I can I'll post a pic tomorrow, got too dark tonite.

Thanks,
Geoff
When I did my rear spring had to undo my sway bay and it messed me up a little too. Yes on side is on the pumpkin and they sit at about a 30* off level.

Last edited:

geoffthepoolguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the peace of mind Mike. You saved me a couple hours of frustration!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals