• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Grinding noise when clutch is pressed in

DThompson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i had clutch replaced on my 2007 ford ranger 2.3L in December. Has been fine since. Yesterday while traveling from va to nc i stopped for gas and discovered a grinding sound when shifting gears. Fine on the interstate as I was not shifting. Got to my destination and the grinding came back. Parked truck in garage so I could check for leaks this morning and I had none. Reservoir was full this morning so no brake/clutch fluid has leaked that I can tell. Took it to local transmission shop and he says the slave cylinder is the problem. My clutch pedal is as firm as it was when I replaced the clutch. Does this sound like it could be the issue? If so, I can save myself the $650/labor. Any other ideas as to what I can be?

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
throwout bearing. its right up against the slave cylinder they can grind when you press in the clutch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals