• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission problem/Vacuum Problem?

HMCSSSW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Here is my problem.

After intially starting my ranger and place it into drive its very rough(like jerking) but I do have my foot on the brake. Once I start to drive the problem generally goes away and it smooths out. While driving down the road I also get this jerking. It does appear to occur at certain points generally during 40-50 MPH.

I did get a check engine light that came on. Please don't yell at me. I disconnected the battery thinking that it would wipe the computer clean to reset the entire system but I also wiped the codes. I have since ran the OBD and no error codes show along with no check engine light.

I guess my question is do I take it to a general mechanic or a transmission shop or does someone know an easy fix.

Rob

bikerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Drive it until the check engine light comes back on. But in the meantime you can check to make sure that all the vacuum lines are connected. Also, when is the last time you did a tune-up on the truck? double check over everything to make sure that you didn't miss something.

betomonroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
First: Truck's last tune up?
Second: Vacumm hoses.
Check for the Brakes Booster for You mentioned steping on the breaks while this happened. Doubting You do this at 40-50 MPH. If Your problem dissapears while steping on Your breaks than You need a Breaks Booster.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals