• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from Virginia Beach

DanInVA

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm fairly new here, been around Rangers for a while. I have had a total of 5 rangers over the last 15 years, and would definitely say I have a soft spot for them. I am an auto technician by trade. Getting to play with newer fancier cars at work is nice, but I have pretty much had one Ranger or another my entire adult life, and I don't have any plans to trade in favor of something else any time soon.

Anyway, here's a couple shots of my daily. It's an 05 Xlt, 2.3 manual, currently at 40k miles. I bought this one to replace my 2007 XLT that I bought almost new in 07. That was a great truck and certainly had plenty of life left in it, but the deal I got on this 05 was too good to pass up.

Anyhow, I thought I should post up and introduce myself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~!

Nice clean truck!

Not familiar with the 2.3 after they changed it to the Duratech version but I've heard good things about them...and I've never seen one for sale in Canada so people are hanging onto them longer than the older style 2.3...improved HP and fuel economy most likely behind that but I really don't know...

Enjoy your stay here and hopefully you can contribute some of your technical expertise to the forums...:icon_thumby:

work2do

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome !

I can speak for 4 bangers only. Duratec or Lima 2.3/2.5 , both bullet proof. Long solid track records. Pretty easy to service and maintain too. No scarcity of parts and support.

Enjoy your ownership !

Good looking truck btw. Keep her nice bro !

DanInVA

Reaction score
Much appreciated. I can vouch for the 2.3 duratec as being an awesome motor. My previous truck, the one that this one replaced, is a 2007 2.3 manual truck. That one I bought with 17k miles in December 2007. I owned it from then until last September when I got my current truck. Sold it to a family member with 180k on the clock. He didn't have it very long, sold it to a friend he works with. Last I heard it was at 220k and counting. The most major repair it ever needed mechanically was a clutch throwout/slave cylinder.

If you get a chance to pick one up, I highly suggest it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals