• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from...the other Ranger forums!

FillMarr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
255/70/16
Hello...transferring here from another forum

Hey all,

I'm driving an '03 2wd 3.0 that i've been tuning up, repainting and getting into tip top shape. My last ranger forum had an issue where google stopped picking it up and so everyone jumped ship. Hoping to find a new loyal home at TRS, which seems really awesome, minus the lack of older pictures being available in the archives!@#

Anyway, I'm from Boston MA. Happy to be here. Whats up with the other 5 less-popular ranger forums? Any reason you all have chosen TRS over them?

Will update with my next spindle lift project soon, and probably will post questions about solving a rusted stud/manifold exhaust leak soon.

- Fill Marr

Last edited:

Dangerrangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 and 04
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 s
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Do it right the first time !!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the madness. TRS has the most accurate info that I have found on the web , you'll soon realize what I'm saying . Lots of good people here . Enjoy.!!!!!!!!l:headbang:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Hey all,

I'm driving an '03 2wd 3.0 that i've been tuning up, repainting and getting into tip top shape. My last ranger forum had an issue where google stopped picking it up and so everyone jumped ship. Hoping to find a new loyal home at TRS, which seems really awesome, minus the lack of older pictures being available in the archives!@#

Anyway, I'm from Boston MA. Happy to be here. Whats up with the other 5 less-popular ranger forums? Any reason you all have chosen TRS over them?

Will update with my next spindle lift project soon, and probably will post questions about solving a rusted stud/manifold exhaust leak soon.

- Fill Marr
Welcome,

I chose The Ranger Station, well, because I created LOL.

Actually, the thought of TRS came to me in 1998 because I couldn't find much information online at the time for Ford Ranger 4x4 owners. There were only (2) other sites:

rangerpowersports.com
fordranger.com

I put the first TRS pages up in 1999. I didn't create TRS because I thought I could do it better, I simply created it to share information about what I was doing with my own 4X4 Ranger. I added a forum later and it continued to grow, although we had to start a new forum from scratch in 2007.

19 years later, I'm still here.

I'm glad you found your way here, and I hope you enjoy your stay :icon_thumby:

FillMarr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
255/70/16
Hell ya! I got a hello from the forum founder. I appreciate it, thanks Jim!

2003 XLT. V6 3.0 Vulcan. Automatic.152,000 miles, running strong. 31x10.5x15. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
there is an older core contingent here. the site is not patrolled as restrictively as in earlier years, but we have outstanding moderation compared to the various sites I use...from welding and woodwork/boat forums to kite flying:D

many of us actually prefer ranger based vehicles, as a purposed purchase instead of a ended up with.

I am one that likes the world platform ranger. I like the first gen better, but the t platform is a worthy monster.

its a little bigger then I would like, but it is a great decades proven platform all over the world...with diesels to boot..

just wish they would have dubbed it a f100. if they would do that, then we would know it will always be the most bad ass mid truck available as it wont count against f series sales.

they could offer straight axle versions right out of the dealer, super ecoboost or diesel...or diesel electric.....all electric with killer hub motors with 4 wheel steer and ind suspension.....nuclear powered.... moon power...whatever the fawk is coming... it would always be first.

so we have much to learn about and happy to help spread these lessons we learn as it comes...much of it the hard way.

:icon_welder: keep your grinder close and your pc interface equipment and can-bus lessons closer!!!!!

whole new deal is coming whether we like it or not. us old peoplez will likely have a harder time then the younger peoplez, sooooo....i hope you stay and lead the way when you can..its people like you that make this place what it is. you guys are the secret to the ...what I see as a success here.

FillMarr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
255/70/16
And thanks to DangerRangers too**

BobbyWalters - I love the write up. I actually dig the new ranger too. I look foreword to buying one 10~ years from now (I love a project, and unlike my wife’s car, I get stuck with used vehicles only.

I do actually love the original rangers, and almost bought a 2002 edge for $3k last week before deciding I should hold out for another green one with 4x4. Currently my 4x2 annoys me every time it snows/gets muddy.

See you all around the forums! I can already tell this is my new forum hangout.

My rig:

2003 XLT. V6 3.0 Vulcan. Automatic.152,000 miles, running strong. 31x10.5x15. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Nice truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals