• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Glove compartment lock

progolfer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Measure 4 times then cut it anyway
I do not have a key for my doors and thus I don't have a key to the glove box. It is locked and I cant get it open. How do I open the thing without tearing it apart?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I replied to your other post so I won't reply here other than to advise double posting is very confusing and not recommended...I know how urgent it is sometimes to get an answer but...when you've been on the site for a while you might appreciate why this is frustrating...

progolfer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Next time Ill PM you to find out where to post.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
LOL...I'm not actually too concerned...it just becomes hard to follow and harder for someone to give you an answer that has not already been offered...

I've done the same thing myself a few times trying to get an answer...but learned from others on here...so I'm just giving you a heads up and hopefully you will find a solution.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I replied to your other post so I won't reply here other than to advise double posting is very confusing and not recommended...I know how urgent it is sometimes to get an answer but...when you've been on the site for a while you might appreciate why this is frustrating...
:beer:

progolfer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I submitted the post then realized it was in the wrong section and I submitted it again in the correct one . I didn't know how to delete it so I let it go. My bad.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
It happens...no worries...you can delete a post of your own by clicking the edit button on the bottom of the post window...once in the edit section you should have an option to delete the post...otherwise, contact one of the moderators and they will gladly delete unwanted posts.

Did you get this fixed or are you still working on it?

saskbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Back to the original question:

One way out of this would be to get a key for your door locks which could be kinda helpful at some point or another...

Outside door locks are pretty easy to remove (assuming you can open the door :) ). Just pry out the clip (the galvanized thingy on the insed edge of your door right near the lock. You should then be able to wiggle the lock out from the outside and slip the lil yellow plastic clip free of the rod. Then this gizmo to your local locksnith and get them to cut you a door key, maybe a spare too (or get that later at walmart once you're sure your new key is good for door and glove compart (hereafter "gc").

Of course, if somebody switched out the doorlocks and they DON't match your gc lock any more, you're back to drilling out the gc lock and off to the wrecking yard to pick up a matching set (keys, door locks, gc lock). If I wuz you and had access to a decent pick-n-pull, I'd actually try this route first! (ie: locate and pull the used parts, maybe see what they wanted for the gc door WITH its lock, THEN start drilling at home)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals