• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to find parts???

Farmeyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys i have a 92 Ranger and the gear in the transfer case chews the plastic speedo sensor gears off after awhile to the point of where I have no speedometer/odometer again. Without robbing every single truck in the junkyard of its transfer case internals is there another place where you can find these discontinued parts? Im stumped here and am looking for advice. Thanks from Wyoming!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Sounds like the drive gear inside your transfer case (the one on the output shaft) has a problem if it's repeatedly eating up speedo (driven) gears.

I've found tons of parts available on Ebay if you can't get one at a dealer (I'm sure speedo gears abound). For the actual drive gear in the case though, robbing a good one from a junkyard case might be the only option.

Farmeyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well the Ebay source was definitely a good one for the speedo sensor gears. I have a couple on the way. As far as the drive gear within the transfer case, ive found a couple retailers that stock the older ones that have a metal sleeve in the center but ive been told that these ones differ from the drive gear that's inside of mine. Guess ill just have to tear it apart and see for myself! Thanks a bunch and keep up and keep up the good work!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Thanks.

Yeah, as far as I know, there are only two gears ever used inside the BW-1350 & 1354 cases, a 6-tooth (red or pink?) gear, and a 7-tooth white (or "natural" color) gear (1350s tended to get the 6T gear, and 1354s the 7T, though I think there may be some overlap). Both are the same as far as fitment inside the case.

Good luck with it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals