• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wyoming?

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Looking at moving to Wyoming, and was wanting some first hand reviews of life there. I'm looking the Cheyenne area, i was just wondering how life is in the area and things i should know before considering the move. (Do they have emissions, are taxes high, what the weather like, how are gas prices compared to other states,what is there to do around the area, any car museums, trails to drive, how are the schools in the area) Anything you can think to share about the area that may or may not be an obvious question to ask.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ive been there before, its pretty but feels desolate some times...

azreb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
I lived in northern Colorado (Fort Collins area) for about 27 years (40 some years ago). Got into Wyoming once in a while. The first thing I noticed was that as soon as I crossed the state line the wind whipped up to 60 mph or so. The locals use a logging chain tied to a stout tree limb as a wind gauge. Just kidding, mostly. It is a great place for the outdoor oriented. Pretty good hunting, and fishing in some areas. Due to my aversion to crowded cities, Wyoming is one of the few states I would consider living in. Can't vouch for the Cheyenne area, though. Never got that far east in the state.

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I was born in Casper, little north of Cheyenne. It got boring a lot but I liked it. Its pretty windy up there too, at least it was in Casper. I'm not sure what's in Cheyenne other that cool fireworks and the zoo. I just looked online for gas and its about $3.00 per gallon. I found a forum called Cheyenne Trail Crew. You could look around on there for some trails.

http://www.cheyennetrailcrew.org/forums/index.php?sid=0d414601c595e55fd41ad5f720f9ef60

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
It is realy nice there. I have been that way a few times. Google it and check the area out your looking to move to. Some wide open areas there. Great for camping and wheeling.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's a cold sombitch in the winter. The only thing blocking that wind from canada is a bob wire fence. Nice and desolate. Bring a gal with you though, you'd have a better chance finding a compatible chick in iraq lol

RICO9

07/2014 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Transmission
Manual
It's cold most of the time and windy all the time. Cheyenne is kind of a cool little town though, there are a couple pretty good restaurants like "Little Philly" sandwiches, "Guadalajara" mexican, and "Sanford's" burgers. I have to go there at least once a year for a couple weeks for work.

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
That's crazy my neighbor owns Guadalajara's! I didn't know they had one in Wyoming. They have another restaurant in Aurora too.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
It's cold most of the time and windy all the time. Cheyenne is kind of a cool little town though, there are a couple pretty good restaurants like "Little Philly" sandwiches, "Guadalajara" mexican, and "Sanford's" burgers. I have to go there at least once a year for a couple weeks for work.
I'm sure you come back with more than you left with too, huh? :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals