• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TCC lockup and OD connector difference 87 and late 88

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Under the Carolina Moon and Palmetto Tree (SC)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone know the difference in wiring for the torque converter clutch lockup and overdrive from an 87 B2 and a late model 88 B2?

The 87 has 2 wires (red and orange w/blue) and the 88 has 3 wires (red, orange w/blue and white). Is the white wire a ground and if so, does the computer control the ground?

The 87 B2 that I have, has a late model 88 trans. The 88 trans was rebuilt and installed in the 87 but the connector for OD was cut for the 87 trans I guess when removed. The 87 sat for several years before I brought it home. Naturally the seals were bad and the plates were burnt probably from when I drove it home therefore I just had the 88 trans rebuilt again.

The 88 B2 used for parts had the 3 wires and connector cut, I guess from when it was pulled for rebuild to install in the 87. I found the 88 connector inside the cab but the 87 connector is no where to be found.

What is the difference and can the 88 wiring be modified to work in the 87?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals