• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

East TX Meet- Who, What When, Where, and Why

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
in Maine when I am not at school in Texas.
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
So my presence here on TRS has been a little lack luster lately. Mainly due to my work, school schedule and the take off of Rangers of Texas a young and growing Ranger forum for those who happen to call Texas home or spend the majority of their time there (as I do). So we last had a meet way back in May I think. It was a good time had by all. We met, took some pics, ate some good local food, and talked for a while. So here it is:

-Who is up for a meet?

-What do you want to do at said meet? i.e. photos, eating, possibly wheeling for those who can.

-When is a good time for a meet? I have been thinking something later on in September when hopefully the temperature takes a little dip so its not so stinking hot to stand outside.

-Where do you want to meet? We last met in Tyler and I know some felt a Dallas meet would be cool, but the majority of the East TX guys are from the Longview/Tyler area so something accommodating to both Dallas and Longview...

-Why come to a meet? Well you get to put faces and real names to screen names. You get to enjoy some good company and have a good time. So why not come to the meet.

Alright guys (and gals) tell me what you think. Lets get the ball rolling on this.

For the most up to date info on this meet check out the links in my signature.

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Bump. Anyone from Dallas and all points east of there interested in a meet? We (some guys at Rangers of Texas and RPS) are looking to meet possibly in Crockett at the park for some photos and possibly a bbq (that thought just occurred to me as I think they have fire pits...). Anyone?

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Date, Time, and Location set

We have set a tentative date and time for the meet. Sunday October 4 at 3:30 PM. Gives enough of a heads up so that if people need to ask for time off they can. I would think that we would meet, greet, photo, and then find some place to have a BBQ... I thought there was mention of picnic areas at the Davy Crockett Memorial Park that would allow us to eat out there. There may be somewhere local to eat too, but I really don't know much about the Crockett area so if someone with more insight to the local can give us more info that would be great. Hope to get some feedback on this. Check the links in my sig for the most up to date info.

Last edited:

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The New Official Time and Locale

Sorry guys (and I realize I am just talking to myself since there seems to be no interest on this forum) for the lack of updates. So the meet is officially nailed down on should not change again. So here it is:

Sunday, October 4 @ 2pm in Kilgore
Meet at Atwoods
Cruise to Chilis

Then what ever we think up after that. Should be a good time rain of shine. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
hey! im listening

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
shouldn't you say something about this being canceled?

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I guess so, but nobody was following it over here anyways (except you and me). The meet scheduled for Sunday October 3, 2009 was canceled due to rain. However, there is good news. We are trying to reschedule a new date and tentatively it will be November 1. Same time same place. I would like to see some more participation from TRS, but if there is no interest then there is no interest. We have a good group of members from Rangers of Texas (check my sig) who plan on attending the meet. There are some from RPS as well that are planning on participating. The meet is open to anyone who wants to meet up with some fellow Ranger enthusiast for some good tailgate talk, good food, and a general good time. Hope to see some movement on this.

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
So we had our meet on November 1st. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Not the greatest turnout, but you know what they say about quality over quantity. There were five of us there: hazmat and his Ranger, hmccall4 and his Ranger, heptofite with his gf and his Bronco II, and me with my Ranger. I had a great time talking about Rangers, Bronco's, and everything in between. The food was great at Chili's and the chance to kick back with fellow gear heads was nice. Hopefully we will get a bigger turnout for the next meet (which won't be till after the Holiday's). So now for the fun stuff, PICTURES:

L-R: heptofite, hmccall4, bbrown, and hazmat

Funny how we parked according to height (this was not planned)

It was a good time and I look forward to doing it again. Hopefully we will get a better turnout next time. We are looking to hold the meet somewhere closer to Dallas so some more of those guys can come and those who already do (hazmat) won't have to travel so stinkin' far.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals