• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

broncoii.org dead?!

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
I'm still getting this error message, anyone else able to get through?

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
No, I can't get on either. Everything but the forum. Has anyone been in touch with the Admin people to see if it's gone or not?

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm still seeing posts on there. was just on that site a minute ago. not a lot of posts but there are some being made. can't understand why your having trouble, I'm able to get to all parts of the site.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
I just tried again. Still getting error message. I don't know, maybe I need a new computer lol. I get everything but the forum.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I'm still seeing posts on there. was just on that site a minute ago. not a lot of posts but there are some being made. can't understand why your having trouble, I'm able to get to all parts of the site.
Are you sure we're talking about the same site? I'm seeing:
8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
File: /home1/broncoii/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(198) : runtime-created function
Line: 3

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yeah, that's the same thing i get every time for the forum. He might be talking about Bronco II 4x4 .com. I don't know. Hope it's not gone. There aren't that many Bronco II forums around for us.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, it's dead. . . It has to be

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
So if it's gone how come everything else is still there but the forum? I would think that the whole site would be gone or at least a message saying the domain is no longer active. I don't know, not much of a internet site genius here lol. Oh well, time will tell.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Because forums (and all that archived data) take secondary network/server space that a simple website, and small "tech library" don't need.

They aren't even coded the same way.

It's dead, not because his domain for "broncoii.org" expired. But more likely he got sick of either storing, or paying to store it all.

Or maybe because he's sick of/ unable to pay the SMF subscription.

Either of which often cost more than a domain

Brian Rhoades

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry guys and thank you Jim for your help.

Okay, I am very sorry to take so long to get back to everybody. I'll try to explain what's going on.

I moved to Athol, ID in Oct 2014
It took about a year to get my homestead setup.
I spent a little over a year being unemployed.

One day last November 2015 I was out in my shop getting hay down off an 8 foot perch. Apparently I fell off the ladder (I have no memory of this) I suffered a traumatic brain injury, spent a week in the hospital. I have lost some memories and probably 40 IQ point (no BS). To make a long story short I am not the same guy anymore. I'm also sorry because learning to grow a new brain has taken priority over fixing the website. Although this may sound strange I actually feel blessed because it could have been so much worse. I could be dead, or crippled, or retarded (honestly). If you've never known anybody that had a craniotomy (This is brain surgery BTW) you now know somebody. BTW My memory is crap ask my wife :D

I don't want sympathy guys. I'm just laying it all out there for you guys

Anyways, the php error message seems like it should be a simple fix but I can no longer figure out the websites control panel nor figure out how to change the code. I'm also broke and working my nuts off for little money on the back of my little tractor.

Things change I guess. I don't know what to do about the website. I'd like it fixed and if you know how to fix it and are willing to help that would be awesome. Again I'm sorry I'm dumber then I used to be and busy and broke.

Jim Oaks I love you man. I'm sorry we had some difficulties in the past and I never got to meet you face to face. I would have liked to have.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Sorry to hear about your accident.

If there's anything I can do to help you get your site back up, let me know.

First off, check with your host. They can probably tell you what's causing the error. Like I suggested earlier, maybe they upgraded to a newer PHP that your board doesn't support??

IDK.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Very sorry to hear of all the mishaps for you and the site. Thank you for letting us know when you could. I certainly appreciate it. If there is something I can do or help with let me or us know. I do miss the site and wish you the best.

Kevin Evans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Sorry guys and thank you Jim for your help.

Okay, I am very sorry to take so long to get back to everybody. I'll try to explain what's going on.

I moved to Athol, ID in Oct 2014
It took about a year to get my homestead setup.
I spent a little over a year being unemployed.

One day last November 2015 I was out in my shop getting hay down off an 8 foot perch. Apparently I fell off the ladder (I have no memory of this) I suffered a traumatic brain injury, spent a week in the hospital. I have lost some memories and probably 40 IQ point (no BS). To make a long story short I am not the same guy anymore. I'm also sorry because learning to grow a new brain has taken priority over fixing the website. Although this may sound strange I actually feel blessed because it could have been so much worse. I could be dead, or crippled, or retarded (honestly). If you've never known anybody that had a craniotomy (This is brain surgery BTW) you now know somebody. BTW My memory is crap ask my wife :D

I don't want sympathy guys. I'm just laying it all out there for you guys

Anyways, the php error message seems like it should be a simple fix but I can no longer figure out the websites control panel nor figure out how to change the code. I'm also broke and working my nuts off for little money on the back of my little tractor.

Things change I guess. I don't know what to do about the website. I'd like it fixed and if you know how to fix it and are willing to help that would be awesome. Again I'm sorry I'm dumber then I used to be and busy and broke.

Jim Oaks I love you man. I'm sorry we had some difficulties in the past and I never got to meet you face to face. I would have liked to have.
PM me if you want any help getting the website back up. I know PHP pretty well and would be glad to help out... even if you want hosting or anything, I have an available server you're welcome to use.

Your website was SUPER helpful when I first got my 2.8L Ranger. :)

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Well apparently it's not even accessible anymore. I was looking thru my bookmarks for info and all you get is the website is not up at this time. So sad to see it's gone. Wish we could've helped to save it.

tchalmor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Brian: Sorry to read about your accident - but thanks for posting to let us know what's happening.

Hey everybody: I'm wondering if there is anyone who has the resources to be able to help Brian get the site working again? There's a gold mine of good info there.

Regards,
TimC aka Pyro'sDad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals