• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

***PLEASE HELP***Very Dissapointed 1989 Ford Ranger GT Owner / Build Sheet / Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

1989RangerGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It appears from Shopfordgeardotcom where I got the "Deluxe" build sheet(which cost more than the Basic build sheet to have the total production numbers for that year and took over 6 weeks to get, which I'm fine with both If I'd got the information they was claiming I'd get with the "Deluxe" Build sheet) it doesn't have the "GT" models listed no production numbers like they claimed it would have. It's almost seems to be Ford didn't keep records of the Ranger GT production numbers or I'm looking in the wrong places I have also went to the Local Ford Dealership and Explained all the details with no luck there either. If someone had an "SS" or "Stingray" or "Cobra" stated on there title then removed I', pretty sure they'd be upset too just as I am. I would think as a smart Buyer I would want to see all the paperwork and documentation all stating what the vehicle is. Maybe I'm different, then so be it I'm jus looking for help to get to the bottom of this for myself. May God Bless

Last edited:

Myanarchy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Stingray,ss, and cobra are denoted by vin. Yours isn't. It's up to you to prove you have a gt with the options only a gt had. Ford screwed you there it would appear.

May ford bless

1989RangerGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had a 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra and It stated it on the Title.

Myanarchy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You really can't be this ignorant?
Ford said cobras have this digit in the vin.
Chevrolet said an l88, a zo6, a zo7, a zr1 had this digit in the vin
Jeep said this digit denotes a rubicon from a sport
Dodge says this digit denotes an srt8 from a base model...

Ford didn't do that with the ranger gt, it's an option package add on.

I understand you're a little pissy because your vin comes back to an stx, your old title says gt.
File fraud charges against the guy who sold it to you and make him prove it. Of course you would have to explain to a judge what a gt was, and that your bitch was the meanies at the title office laughed at you.

My 1979 hilux 4x4 sr5 says pkup in the description portion, and I'm fine with that.

1989RangerGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Look I just want help on getting it straightened out. I don't appreciate the rude & disrespectful comments, But Jesus Christ Loves you and I will Pray for you.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Come on man seriously! Just sack up and move on. You are behind the wheel of a Ford so who gives a shit.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
The title for my '94 Cobra lists it as a:

1994 For Mus 2 dr. So what?

The fact that your title does/does not say Ranger GT really won't effect it's value.

Myanarchy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Look I just want help on getting it straightened out. I don't appreciate the rude & disrespectful comments, But Jesus Christ Loves you and I will Pray for you.
Im married to a red head, Jesus laughs at me and flips me the finger every 28 days.
You call it rude and disrespectful where you had abunch of great advice.

I think you're just too ignorant to read what's been written.

May the great spaghetti monster love and cuddle you.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The VIN or a S/N and Build Data is the key. Anyone can "Make" a GT or FX4 Level II or (insert rare trim here) but at the end of the day unless the VIN, S/N or Build Order From the Manufacturer or Builder(Say Roush) says it's a given trim/option package it's a clone.

Now let's cool it everyone yeah?

Last edited:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello, good sir and congratulations on your new purchase. Pay no mind to these rude and poor mannered mouth breathers, they do not represent the bulk of this forum. As a fellow GT owner I completely understand your frustration. If they took the GT off my title it would hurt my resale value and generally tick me off. Fortunately, there is an easy way to remedy this situation. While the build tickets for our trucks do say STX there is a special stamp in the firewall where the motor goes against the firewall. Just pull the motor, it's very easy to do on these wonderful trucks, just a few bolts and some wires to unplug. Go ahead and unplug/unbolt everything attached to the motor until you're able to lift it out, you can lift it by yourself if you ate your Wheaties for breakfast. Once the stamp is visible, take the truck back to your Motor Vehicle location and tell them to update the title. My friend had the same problem and this is what he did. Be sure to keep us updated and show off that sexy GT title when you get it!

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Well, it's not like you don't have a GT, just because what the DMV says it is, doesn't mean it didn't just magically change itself. Unless you have a regular Ranger and plaster Mustang GT badges all over it. But if you so desire you can fix it, just have fun waiting at the DMV for the rest of your life.

Myanarchy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, good sir and congratulations on your new purchase. Pay no mind to these rude and poor mannered mouth breathers, they do not represent the bulk of this forum. As a fellow GT owner I completely understand your frustration. If they took the GT off my title it would hurt my resale value and generally tick me off. Fortunately, there is an easy way to remedy this situation. While the build tickets for our trucks do say STX there is a special stamp in the firewall where the motor goes against the firewall. Just pull the motor, it's very easy to do on these wonderful trucks, just a few bolts and some wires to unplug. Go ahead and unplug/unbolt everything attached to the motor until you're able to lift it out, you can lift it by yourself if you ate your Wheaties for breakfast. Once the stamp is visible, take the truck back to your Motor Vehicle location and tell them to update the title. My friend had the same problem and this is what he did. Be sure to keep us updated and show off that sexy GT title when you get it!
Thank you,
There is a special stamp that he needs to look for.

Thank you for showing that,
However why does everyone else need to be a mouth breather for tryin to help?

Thanks for both your exceptional knowledge, and patience with this guy.

Can you please tell us how to buy a ranger gt without pulling the engine?

For us mouth breathers, use little words please we drag knuckles occasionally.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thank you,
There is a special stamp that he needs to look for.

Thank you for showing that,
However why does everyone else need to be a mouth breather for tryin to help?

Thanks for both your exceptional knowledge, and patience with this guy.

Can you please tell us how to buy a ranger gt without pulling the engine?

For us mouth breathers, use little words please we drag knuckles occasionally.
Because I wasn't entrely sure how to properly spell Cretin, so I chose Mouth Breather instead.

Lariat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
When life is passing you by, downshift!
I needed an LOL today. This got it. Off to look for stamps behind the motor on my ranger! :icon_twisted:

Myanarchy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Because I wasn't entrely sure how to properly spell Cretin, so I chose Mouth Breather instead.
And I asked what appears to be the supreme bigot gt cretin, the seemingly obvious to us of ignorance...

How do us knuckle dragging mouth breathers verify that it is in fact a gt in the presence of a discerning seller who might not have anything to hide but might want to stop folks from pulling an engine to verify his honesty?

Please sir if you can actually step off your high horse and answer the original question you'd be way more help since you claim to have the knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals