• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

truck wont keep running

nick34

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have an 87 ford ranger that i just replace the battery, coil, and transmission. the truck will start briefly or not at all. if it does start it runs maybe 30 seconds and the shuts its self off but not like its running out of gas. i have a half tank in it. i was thinking maybe a fuel filter. does anyone know whats going on or has had this problem before?

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i have an 87 ford ranger that i just replace the battery, coil, and transmission. the truck will start briefly or not at all. if it does start it runs maybe 30 seconds and the shuts its self off but not like its running out of gas. i have a half tank in it. i was thinking maybe a fuel filter. does anyone know whats going on or has had this problem before?

more info please like motor etc etc.

txgocartB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When you do get it started...as it is dieing spray some starting fluid into the intake to see if that will keep it from turning off.

If this works then you do have a fuel system problem.

If not then start looking at where you lose spark.

Ray

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals