• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A few questions

86ranger4x4owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I am wanting to upgrade my front speakers in my 1988 ranger supercab I think they are about 4 inches they are the stock speakers. Just wondering what has everyone else gone with and where you able to put them in the stock place for speakers. Also I have a two subs and an amp and they kill my battery if I just turn the key to acc. Is there anyway to make the battery last longer on acc listening to the radio? Do I need to get a bigger battery? And another question I have a Pioneer DEH-4400HD headunit and was wondering if i turn the subs off with the headunit even thought he amp is still connected will it turn the amp off and stop the amp from draining juice from the battery? Thanks.

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no turning the sub feature off will not kill your amp. if you want to kill your amp you will need to find your remote wire coming off the back of your head unit(it will be a blue wire with a white stripe) and you will need to put a switch in that wire. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND switching your power wire as you will melt your switch! if you want to get better battery life the solution is easy... add a second battery, there is info in the tech libery. that will let your system run one and not kill your starting battery. As for your door speakers... they are 6 1/2 inch. you have alot of options to go with depending on your budget. i have been very happy with kenwood speakers but if you can afford it i would go with polk or alpine both sound amazing even when just run off the head units wattage. If you want to amp them i would recomend the new rock foss pbr series http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43424_Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X2.html

they make it in a mono 2 and 4 channel they are very small and very efficient and reasonably priced in my book.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals