• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how do you guys wire your stuff?

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same concept but that box is labeled. run 1 main wire to it and then run everything else wherever you need to from there
not only labelled,but fused too.plus,they have a ground buss on them too....saves using sketchy grounds screwwed to the body.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
not only labelled,but fused too.plus,they have a ground buss on them too....saves using sketchy grounds screwwed to the body.
Didn't even realize it had a ground bus. I'm definitely going to run one on my console, move a bunch of different wiring to that. I'm not in love with how my lights and CB are wired right now.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
and rod holders on the back of the cab:icon_thumby:
Heck yeah... If i get one I'll probably build a Toybota like Jeramy on Top Gear. :icon_rofl:

I agree I am not in love with the way my lights and stuff are wired up right now... they are all fused and relayed but I have a massive bundle of wires and relays ontop of my battery.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a massive bundle of wires and relays ontop of my battery.
ya,i always cringe a little when i see something like that on a truck(or boat)that i have to do wiring on.

i run into some real rat's nests sometimes where i don't even try to find out what goes where.....i just start cutting everything out,and get a fresh start.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
ya,i always cringe a little when i see something like that on a truck(or boat)that i have to do wiring on.

i run into some real rat's nests sometimes where i don't even try to find out what goes where.....i just start cutting everything out,and get a fresh start.
I've worked on cars before like that. I find it amazing how half the stuff functions with the way people wire this stuff.

Mine is as organized as I can make it. I zip tied any bundles together I could.

407Link

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea I just found them at the marine store by me so I'm gonna go pick one up tomorrow..do you think the one with the ground would be better for a cb and stuff like it i noticed one said with ground

wakingtowinter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've seen these used. This is what I'll be doing if i rewire my truck

for future reference for anyone who has the same question, I ended up getting this fuse block from West Marine. I went all over town to a few different electrical supply shops and parts stores, but nobody seemed to have a good selection. West Marine had many different terminal strips and fuse blocks. This one is nice because it puts pos and neg on one block, and you don't have to mess around adding fuse carriers, the fuses are already done. It makes it easy and makes it look really clean. Worth the extra money.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea I just found them at the marine store by me so I'm gonna go pick one up tomorrow..do you think the one with the ground would be better for a cb and stuff like it i noticed one said with ground
get the one with the ground buss.then run a wire from it right to the neg terminal on the battery,and separate negs to equipment.and use proper ring terminals at the fuse block,don't just wrap wire around the screw.

and shrink tube....double wall.

i could go on,but it would take all day-i have a car to work on.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I actually picked up an extra fuse/relay pox from a 93-94 Ranger that has the six relay holes and a bunch of maxi fuse and mini fuse slots. I pulled the rear cover off and rewired it so that the first six maxi fuses supplied power to the relays, then I used one of the mini fuse slots to supply power to the switch panel that controls the relays. I still have a few open maxi fuses for what ever I may add on, but for now I just used the six for the relays and one for an aux power point. I used the minis for my gauges and power mirrors. I mounted it above the glove box where the newer trucks have the pass side air bag. It looks factory.

I have a dual post battery so I just used the side lug to attach my 4 gauge power wire that runs to the fuse box.

PS. Solder and Shrink wrap everything. It may take longer at first, but it saves headaches in the long run. No worries about corrosion of loose connections causing issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals