• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

electric door lock issue

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys. I had a new experience with the old 86 yesterday. Got to work and pushed the button on the remote door lock and sure enough it locked, At the same time a co-worker had got out of his car and remote locked his and I heard what I thought was mine unlocking. I had him unlock and lock his again but nothing happened so I figured it was a fluke. WELLLL not so much. At the end of the day I tried to start it with the remote but nothing happened. I mean nothing. So I tried to unlock it with the key in the door but the driver side would not unlock. I finally got the passenger’s side opened. No inside lights, no start, no nuth’n .
Well the battery was dead. [duhh] :icon_confused:Went and got the snow plow truck and went to jump the B2 and when I hooked up the battery the door locks locked!!! :icon_surprised: WTF! I could hear the door lock driver locking and dropping out every couple of seconds. Ford put the window relays up on the core support behind the driver’s side head light and over flow tank. Ended up taking parts off the front of the B2 to find them.:pissedoff:
I haven’t tested the relay yet but it quit after I pulled it out. [Of course]:annoyed: Couldn’t get the wires off the switch in the door or I would have done that. So to finish this long winded rant I hope the relay welded closed or the door switch is bad, but whatever I’ll get it figured out. just really Annoying :bawling:

haulasswithclass

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Door locks

My 88 ranger did that once and locked me out. I found out once i got in the rig the button on the drivers door was stuck down and was kinda hard to tell that it was. Not sure thats will help but that was my issue

corrond56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
start with the cheapest thing first. I would pull another relay from somewhere else and put it in its place and try it first. After that I would try testing the door switch out.

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
well I figured out what was happening with the locks. :icon_bounceblue:The remote locking relay that is installed for the Adiovox remote got water in it. the water was makeing the relay contact. I'll have to redo the relays and get them water proofed.:icon_welder:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
well I figured out what was happening with the locks. :icon_bounceblue:The remote locking relay that is installed for the Adiovox remote got water in it. the water was makeing the relay contact. I'll have to redo the relays and get them water proofed.:icon_welder:
mine did this, kinda... a lil different situation but that was the problem. i never did waterproof mine tho.... lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals