• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

03 ranger engine / transmission issues

Mytruckisbroken

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well i woke today to a check engine and a flashing o/d light. 03 ranger v6 3.0 edge 150,000 with few issues until now. the truck ran great the day befor. oil change a week ago. there is some oil on the trans pan but its motor oil, ( rear seal? been this way awhile) it will not shift and then the motor will struggle at idle. ive checked for rubs none so far. i feel like there is maybe a pattern here like how does all that just go bad in 12hrs ?

Code reader found,

p1451 Evaporative Emissions System Vent Control Valve Circuit Malfunction

p0743 Torque Converter Clutch System Electrical

p0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction

p0755 Shift Solenoid B Malfunction

p0760 Shift Solenoid C Malfunction

p0765 Shift Solenoid D Malfunction

p1747 Pressure Control Solenoid A Short Circuit

p0135 Oxygen Sensor Heater Bank 1 Sensor 1

p0155 Oxygen Sensor Heater Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1

Last edited:

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It would help if you told us what the codes stand for, otherwise we have to do all the work of Goggling them.

JP02XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
For the transmission codes it is likely you have a worn valve body in the transmission, I had a similar situation multiple codes, some days it was ok, other days not so OK, I changed fluid, filter, checked band adjustment, replaced solenoids and several other things, nothing fixed it until I replaced the valve body, Since my truck is supercharged and I have a shift kit with with a higher rpm stall torque converter and I lean on it a bit, I wanted something of quality, I called these guys http://www.centralvalvebodies.com/ told him what I had done to the trans and mods to the motor and he fixed me up with a valve body that matched the mods done on the trans, as well as all the upgrades that had came out for these valve bodies. I think it was $275 or so, I installed it and my trans shifted like new, no codes, even better than before. I think I spoke with Danny, but dont hold me to the name.

These 55 series trans are well known for valve body wear and issues.

Looks like you need new 02's as the heater is not bringing them up to temp in time and thus the code, if you graphed there output they most likely would not be changing as quickly as they should in normal operation and are costing you mileage.

The evap system has a leak, could be anywhere, generally have to smoke test the system to find leak, could be at any connection, hose busted/cracked, even gas cap.

JP02XLT

Mytruckisbroken

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
For the transmission codes it is likely you have a worn valve body in the transmission, I had a similar situation multiple codes, some days it was ok, other days not so OK, I changed fluid, filter, checked band adjustment, replaced solenoids and several other things, nothing fixed it until I replaced the valve body, Since my truck is supercharged and I have a shift kit with with a higher rpm stall torque converter and I lean on it a bit, I wanted something of quality, I called these guys http://www.centralvalvebodies.com/ told him what I had done to the trans and mods to the motor and he fixed me up with a valve body that matched the mods done on the trans, as well as all the upgrades that had came out for these valve bodies. I think it was $275 or so, I installed it and my trans shifted like new, no codes, even better than before. I think I spoke with Danny, but dont hold me to the name.

These 55 series trans are well known for valve body wear and issues.

Looks like you need new 02's as the heater is not bringing them up to temp in time and thus the code, if you graphed there output they most likely would not be changing as quickly as they should in normal operation and are costing you mileage.

The evap system has a leak, could be anywhere, generally have to smoke test the system to find leak, could be at any connection, hose busted/cracked, even gas cap.

JP02XLT
thank you for the information ill look into that, in regards to the o2s i found fuse number 41 HEATED OXYGEN SENSORS(20) was blown and killed two more 20s . Should i replace all of them, its an 03. Ive never had to change them and is the o2 tool needed really? im working with light pockets outside the parts cost. i pulled the canister from the rear and just kinda checked and plug it back in hose also and ran ground wire on the batt for 10 mins to rest it. the o/d comes on within 5 seconds sometimes longer, the motor ran somewhat better. im guessing the o2 are a big part of this? after about 4 mins of crap running the check light was still off and the od was flashing still then it slowly runs horribly. smells bad when running.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals