• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door lock set exchange?

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok here's my issue. I have a 87 BII. I found on the net that there is a paddlock we can buy that can be set to work with vehicle locks. :yahoo:

Problem: 0nly 95 and later ( Ford vehicles that have only single key for ignition and door lock).
Question: I have a 97 Explorer. Anyone know off hand if the locking cylinders will swap from the 97 Exp (door and hatch) to the 87 BII? Will they fit/ work the same?

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
uhhh... thats an interesting one. Im gonna guess no, but id try it. they are easy to remove.

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
They just might, the little springy plate that holds the cylinder in looks to be the same. It's definitely worth a shot, just pull that plate out and unhook the linkage.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was hoping someone just might know , before I tear into the door panels of the Explorer. I had planned to sell it before got this hair brained idea.....

The deal is, I am building half doors for the BII, with removable wire frame "brush" panels, (which will also make it secure in the city)Those lock sets don't match the BII, so different locksets on these doors wouldn't be a problem. Especialy if I could get matching keyed padlocks for my highlift jack, toolbox, and sparetire carrier swing arm. Oh yeah, and back hatch.
I have too many keys on my keyring as it is. I'd like to simplify.

Side note: I'm also looking into a number coded key safe I can mount under the truck in a hidden location, to keep an extra set of keys, just in case. It uses a 4 diget push button number code.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals