• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Very sad week since tuesday!!

AZFX4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
$2600!!!? Damn maybe I should wreck mine!

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I hear ya AZFX4!! I wouldn't wish this on anyone though. I was almost in tears when I climbed out of her and seen the damage. All that work and time that has been spent getting her back on the road ruined in a couple seconds because someone decided not to stop at the stop sign.
That $2600 is based upon replacement cost. Didn't realize how much these little things are selling for untill this. Look up ones for sale at dealerships on the web at like carfinder.com or something like that. You would be surprised how many are at dealerships for one and then by how much they want for them. It was a learning experience to me that's for sure.
Looks like they are going back up in value after hitting a rock bottom. Probably getting old enough that they are considered classics now. Getting kinda hard to find also.

Last edited:

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
SCORE!
I'd buy an earlier model Explorer for about $700 and strip off everything usable. Swap all the 4X4 parts (fix the frame while yer stripping the BII down) Sell all the left over usable components on Craigslist, and pump that money into the BII as well. You have everything you need to make a great truck.
__OR__ Find another BII as well, cheap, and use the parts from the first, and the EXP to build a great truck. keep the first one for spare parts later.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I grafted my inner fenders on. You can see how I did it in my build thread.

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I already have the 4.0 in her and a pair of axles from a 91 Exploder waiting for her. Problem with the axles is that they need gears and lockers but that is do-able. Don't think 3.55's would work well with 33's LOL.
Biggest thing about straightening the frame is that the frame I have found to have been "worked" on before with a welder. Didn't show up untill the crash and the undercoating flaked off where it bent. So a frame swap is in the cards now.
Georgia law states that the work to restore a salvaged title vehicle MUST be done by licensed rebuilders(body shop) and then be inspected by a state inspector. So I cant do hardly any of the work myself. Good news is that I found a shop that will do the sheet metal replacement for $750.00 and they have a couple of inspectors that they work with all the time and have a good relationship with. They also said that they aren't that fussy about the inspections.
As long as the frame isn't noted on the insurance company paperwork I will be able to replace it myself without any problems. I will find out as soon as I get the paperwork. Should be in the next couple days.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals