• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I think I need a new cell phone

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I'm rocking a pretty old cell phone, I can't even find it on Nokia's website anymore. No camera, starting to get pretty slow (I had like 1200 text messages saved on there, deleted them about a month ago and to do a mass delete took about three hours), but I could probably bash someones skull in and not break the screen.

I'm trying to decide how fancy of a phone to get, part of me just wants to go ahead and get something sweet like an iPhone or Blackberry or something.

I'm kind of interested in how the Blackberry Storm is compared to the iPhone, anyone have experience with both of them? We don't have Verizon here, but I looked on their website and it says they are merging with Alltel, so we should have Verizon here soon (just like when we didn't have ATT, but we had Cell One, then they merged and we have ATT now).

Also, when I look at plans for the iPhone, it has a $30 iPhone data plan, is that my internet and stuff or do I have to get something else?

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The iPhone is sweet. I had one for a while, but being in the construction industry, I didn't want to take a chance on breaking it.

The $30 data plan is unlimited internet, etc.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a Motorola VE20 Razr and love it. It is very durable and does what I need it to. It does pictures, and videos. The chick at the US Cellulare store said it is one of the toughest they sell without going to a Nextel. My last Motorola lasted 18months then we upgraded our plan and I got this one.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've been using a Motorola KRZR, very impressed with it's durability (I've dropped it 10' to concrete and only a scratch) and it does camera, video and mp3 player.

Very similar to the phone mentioned above.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
the thing i dont like about the iphone or blackberry storm is trying to text on it. its harder for me than a phone with actual buttons.
i love my LG lotus

its not one of those super fancy phones but its also not a base model where you can hardly do anything. its got camera, video, mp3, email, gps and a bunch of other stuff its super easy to text and has a great screen and everytime someone see's it they say how cool it is.

Last edited:

CJREX

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I got the Samsung Blackjack II for one reason...

HACKS!

There is a lot of stuff that you can get on this phone for free such as GPS (the phone has GPS built in, just have to install the hack to unlock it)

http://www.myblackjack2.com/

Downside is that the media player on it doesn't do video too well.

I'm going to install TCPMP on it when I get around to it. That's what I run on my PDA and it's terrific.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That thing has more joints in it than woodstock!

I used to be pretty hard on cell phones, but now most of the time I have it out of my pocket and on my desk, so I don't really need a brick anymore like I have now. Not really a fan of Razr's because my last one just randomly died on me when I hung up one day, wouldn't turn on after that. That's when I bought the one I have now, then I bought a Sony Ericcson and that died on me.

A guy that I work with has a iPhone, maybe I'll try his out one of these days if I can catch him before he leaves. I was confused about the data plan price because when you click on the iPhone data plan for a description, it says you need to have a data plan, wasn't sure if they meant you need something on top of that or not, since they're always so clear on billing :icon_twisted:

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a Blackberry Curve, I like it, but you have to clean the Trackball every once in a while as crap will get caught up in it and it doesn't roll as smooth. Other than that I have no complaints. Well..I guess it kind of sucks that you have to have full internet access just to buy new ring tones and such. I had a Blackjack II until I drowned (drown?) it while hunting..I liked that phone too.

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have the verizon dare. full touch screen,3.2 megapixel camera,and a full 3g web browser and more. i have had no problems with this phone and i have gone through 6 phones in 5 months

Attachments

maroon ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 4.0L proje
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I went from a phone like yours to a blackberry pearl. I really like it cause it is smaller and not as bulky as the other blackberry's (curve, storm, etc.) But you still need to pay your $30 fee for the unlimited internet and stuff like the iPhone. I would say do something like the blackberry if you would like to do everything that you do on your computer, on your phone. It lets you read and send email just like a text message on your old phone and lots lots more!!!!! But be sure to get the media card too or else you wont be able to save shit for photos and texts!!!! And you cant take video without the media card.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Forget fancy phones, find something sleek and Mil-spec. My friend Marc has a phone from Verizon, things a beast. It got covered in tomato soup, so he washed it off in the sink. He also randomly decides to throw it across rooms, slam it on the ground, and even kick it with his steel toes. The things a beast.

You'll be kicking yourself the first time you get a scratch/crack in your touch screen, or when you forget your phone in your pocket and have to go back to the old one because you put it in the wash.

Called the Boulder. Looks beefy, but it's small for its durability.

But you might not need something built mil-spec. I've heard good things about the Vu. My girlfriend has one, it's a pretty nice little phone. Touch screen, internet, the works. Like a mini iPhone with less functions. Shes scared to death of scratching it.

Me, I'm so poor I rock out a Net10 Prepaid phone. Can't beat 30 bucks every 2 months. Out of service right now since I don't have the money though. I've got a Moto W375. Like a crappy Razr/Krzr/plastic hybrid. It gets the job done.

Last edited:

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the Boulder is a kick ass phone. i have seen this phone put in beer and called. it rang in the beer, pulled it out and started to talk. i have even driven over it with my truck a few times. i dont think i could ever kill this one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals