• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Calling all Americans!!!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Do you enjoy your freedom, the opportunity to work on your truck and freely cruise the streets, or explore all the beautiful areas offroad?

Our American soldiers are out there 24/7 ensuring nobody takes that freedom away from you.

Unfortunately, these soldiers return home severly injured and they need our help and support.

What can we as a community of enthusiasts do to help raise money for the Wounded Warriors?

Here's a page on how people can get involved:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/content/view/1120/1152/

What do the members here think? What way could we come up with to help make a donation to this organization in 2011??

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
idk how to do it, i'd love to help. just can't afford it as of right now.. i'm broke.
if there is a way i can help that doesn't require money right now. i'm down

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd be all in! Back in the day, most did not come back wounded to enjoy any future at all. We always attend a free car show at a local VA hospital, no prizes, no awards. You ought to see the smiles on the Vets as they walk/pushed around the cars. Really surprised how many young ones were there.
Dave of the Nord

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
TRS support our troops window stickers or magnets where part of the profit goes to the project??

AND

If the banner ever finnishes it's trip, have someone bring the banner and the proceeds of the fund raiser to...well...wherever it is you bring these things with a big 'ol WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS on the banner. (or if you don't want to give up the current banner, have another one made and do it again)

You can even make a big event out of it with a special presentation of the money and the banner on a local TV station/news broadcast.

Anyway, i'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Couldn't we just set up something like you did for Chance, and just send the proceeds to them?

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Giving up the banner should be out of the question. Give a new banner but that one belongs with all of us and dont relate to this cause. The vets around here are always at the parking lot entrance to sams club with loads of flags so we always give, if you have a DOD sticker or plates on your rig you can bet you get proper salute.

Edit: Operation Wounded Warrior is for American Vets only, should all our Canadian members be expected to donate to that when they have lost soldiers too. Their lives are just as precious and priceless!!

Last edited:

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I figured that's what the opinion might be...that's why I suggested a new banner(doesn't necessarily need to be signed by everyone)

As for the Canadian members..I'm not aware of any projects like this one here. Just wanted to add my 0.02 to a worthy cause.

We DID have a soldier return home to my town a couple years ago who lost both legs and an arm to an IED, so the community did a fund raiser and built him a brand new home loaded with everything he could possibly need to make life more comfortable and accessible for himself, his wife and his 2 kids. Actually, there was a march for money in his honor on the new highway that was just built(just before it opened for service) and he attended in full combat dress and actually walked most of the way. It was inspirational to see.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Great idea Jim. We already gave to the fund. I am a DAV and we have given to all the VA fundraisers. Guide and service dogs as well. So many fund raiser out there. I am a DAV member for life and also in the the DAV Commanders Club. All you vets join up in any DAV fund raisers that you can do. It does not have to be big bucks. $25 goes a long way, guys!!!....many thanks!!!!

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Giving up the banner should be out of the question. Give a new banner but that one belongs with all of us and dont relate to this cause. The vets around here are always at the parking lot entrance to sams club with loads of flags so we always give, if you have a DOD sticker or plates on your rig you can bet you get proper salute.

Edit: Operation Wounded Warrior is for American Vets only, should all our Canadian members be expected to donate to that when they have lost soldiers too. Their lives are just as precious and priceless!!
I would give the old banner or a new one, either way. THey gave way more than a banner. After what I went through and seen my brothers go through, there is nothing I wouldnt give. Im also down for a sticker where ALL the proceeds go to woundedwarrior. These men not only fought for our freedom, but they will be fightin for the rest of their lives whether mentally or physically from disabilities that they didnt have to get. I would give my life right now, to give them their lives back. to give back all the fathers and mothers and sisters and brothers. Unfortunately thats not possible.

So any suggestion is ok in my book, just tell me what to do. By the way we need an american flag or support our troops smiley for posts like this.

explodan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
count me in whatever you guys decide personally i like the sticker,banner,decal or even a trs donates shirt let me know

thanks dan

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Free health care would be good. Should protest for that!

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Free health care would be good. Should protest for that!
Roger that.

I give to PVA, USO, all kinds of vets orgs. They deserve all the recognition they can get.

I can do another, and actually, I have always wanted to do something for WWP.

I'm in.

Patriotic TRS/Support Our Troops stickers would be a positive, visible face for the public.

buffster1980

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volkswagen
Engine Size
1600cc
Transmission
Manual
i'm a service member myself, my wife is a disabled vet, and i gotta say, i really appreciate the support... i'm down to help in any way, i personally vote for doing a special edition TRS sticker/decal, and all proceeds benefiting disabled vet programs.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i'm a service member myself, my wife is a disabled vet, and i gotta say, i really appreciate the support... i'm down to help in any way, i personally vote for doing a special edition TRS sticker/decal, and all proceeds benefiting disabled vet programs.
Yeah I fully support this! How about a red white and blue TRS sticker with something written under it like "We Support Our Troops"... could also do something with the Canadian flag too!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals