• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

6.5 diesel na initial swap report

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Went for $382! I'm gonna keep an eye on that site and maybe one will come up closer to us.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i was just in san antonio for my AIRMANS graduation, i was trying to get a source for some parts talking with some of the guys on base with hopes of getting an upgrade engine, but getting those airmen that wrench was not in the cards this trip. maybe next time. i will just get something local for 6-800 bux if i have to when i can. pretty rough with money right now and i can still drive it locally so it will stay like this for a bit.

i am getting ready to scrap my psd, so i will have some stuff to work with before too long. hopefully i get thru there to check out the project.

you would be proud of Madisyn. she got marksmen, beast excellence, drill excellence(20/20:icon_surprised:) and they were HONOR FLIGHT!

of course, being the independent hillbilly princess i raised her to be, the structure is a strain for her. but she is tough. you see anything local down that way call me.

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
That's good to hear about madisyn! I'll keep an eye out for a motor.
Do you think I could run used hydraulic fluid in my 6.5 without hurting it? The stuff is really clean.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
i get away with 20-30% without too many issues on regular injectors as long as i run cleaner and go to straight diesel for a tank or two when the idle starts to chop or i get idle smoke. thats with atf,wmo.

good light hydraulic with my modded injectors would run fine with my mechanical pump at 100 percent if its warm enough.

if you can centrifuge it, its a viable fuel at 40-50 percent with my mechanical injection pump. not so sure with the ds4 pumps.

your pump has an optical sensor if its the ds4 electronic type.(unless you have a mechanical ip now) if the hydro fluid is fairly clear/translucent and you can get the water out and filter to at least 5 microns i would not be afraid to go 20-25 percent mixed with diesel and do a periodic injector inspection to monitor for build up.

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, I still have the electronic pump. I'm rebuilding a bunch of presses at work right now so I have a bunch of oil sitting around so I thought it would be nice to dump some in the truck. Probably could go a couple gallons in each tank full I would think.

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, call this dude, good guy and has a ton of 6.5/6.2 stuff. Complete motors and everything. 248 343 6302. He's in Fenton.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
its still clatterin along.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals