• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Simple instrument cluster question

jnmcinnis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
All I want to know is that if I buy another instrument cluster with a tach from a 95 4.0 m/t will it work in my 95 2.3 a/t? Will I have to do any mods? Also what other years instrument cluster will fit in it? Thanks
Also what leds would it take I cant seem to find it? Search is not working for me tonight

Last edited:

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You can swap in any '95-'03 Ranger or '95-'01 Explorer cluster. It is a plug and play installation; no modifications needed.

oldjohnny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
You can swap in any '95-'03 Ranger or '95-'01 Explorer cluster. It is a plug and play installation; no modifications needed.
From what I read and researched a lot (I want to swap mine without tach to a tach), I can tell you that if you swap within years 95-97, it will work. 98+ will give you some slight problems. I know you have to re-wire a couple of things (One I know of is the Door Ajar light) It should work, but look for dummy lights to appear if you swap gauges from 95-97 and 98+.

For your case, and for less headaches, just look for a gauge cluster that is from a 95-97 Ranger. I am 90% sure engine size won't matter because the computer sends all the info, so the gauge doesn't get raw data (like RPM's and Speed)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals