• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 Ford Bronco 2

tigergrad

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Looking for advice on what a near mint 1988 ford bronco 2 eddie bauer would be worth. All original 1 owner SC vehicle. Red with tan trim and interior. A/T 4WD. Thanks,

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How many miles, any modifications, leaks, everything works, etc?

tigergrad

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
under 100k miles. All original top to bottom. Original exterior spare tire cover, paint, rims, interior etc. Looks like new, and everything works. What would be a fair price to pay?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
In Rons link it looks to have a new, wider than normal radiator. I would look very carefully for signs of overheating.

tigergrad

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The bronco in the link provided is not mine. The one I'm considering is very similar but has different rims. I have an opportunity to buy the one I'm asking about. It's not listed anywhere, just ran across it.

I owned 2 Bronco 2's in my younger years and have always casually been looking for another one.

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Then YOU get to decide what it is worth.

Make an offer that you can live with.
It is an older model SUV, nothing special in 1988 model year to make it all that different, 1990 was last year, 1983 first year

If you are buying it to drive then "heads up", low milers will have problems when they become drivers.
If you are buying it to sit and look good, to keep miles low, then it would be fine

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
It's hard for us to give any input, since we don't know what it looks like or how it runs. Like Ron said, you get to decide. Make a reasonable offer based on your knowledge of the BII. Have you driven it? Run well? Stop well? 4 wheel drive work? Any noises, leaks etc? Then make your offer. Just remember, they're getting hard to find in decent condition. And post Pics or a link.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Its hard to price out stuff like this. At least for me it always has been. The area you live in also makes a difference. There's a Bronco 2 about 160 miles from me that they have listed for $8,500. Its been listed for sale for a few months now...course at almost MSRP price for a 30 year old vehicle its a bit steep. A Mustang, Charger, or other "Muscle" car maybe, but a 2 door carry all, nobody wants them anymore because they can't get their 20 kids in and out of it and its old...people today think they need the newest thing out there to show off to their friends in, nevermind practicality.

https://eastoregon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-bronco-ii-explorer/6209106677.html

https://twinfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-ford-bronco-ii-xlt/6237889662.html

But here's one at a dealership for a far more reasonable price:
https://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1987-ford-bronco-base-great/6233688140.html

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Since all the B2's had a 5 digit odometer, I would ask for documentation to verify the 62K reading. Being an EB, I would assume it's an automatic. Be aware, the A4LDs can be problematic. When I was shopping for my 89, many I called about had tranny problems. A local trans shop quoted $2000.00 for a quality rebuild. If the mileage is accurate, and the vehicle was well maintained, the A4LD should last another 40K. Expect clear coat problems that most 80's cars have. I was shocked at the price of a quality paint job these days. All that said, I found that most B2s priced north of five grand took a long time to sell. Good luck with your search.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals