• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Full interior swap questions

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Has any one ever tried to swap a mustang interior into a ranger? I haven't even begun taking a tap measure to things but just wondering if it's ever been done before

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Door panels will be completely different shape/size.

Foxes and SN95's will probably be closer to the right width.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So I took some measurements. The ranger dash is 53" and the mustang dash is 55" so at least it's on the wrong side of fitting will have to look it over and see where it can be naturally trimmed or maybe tapered to fit in there.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I would also suggest taking a good look at how the steering wheel and column connects to the dash. When I swapped a 96 dash into my 88 cab everything was close enough that it worked but I had to actually use the steering column and wheel from the 96 because of the way they attach to the dash. The 88 steering column simply would not connect in the same way since there was a joint near the firewall that offset the wheel from the column.

Always some hidden ways they need to move things around that best be addressed before rather than during a swap...:)

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I would also suggest taking a good look at how the steering wheel and column connects to the dash. When I swapped a 96 dash into my 88 cab everything was close enough that it worked but I had to actually use the steering column and wheel from the 96 because of the way they attach to the dash. The 88 steering column simply would not connect in the same way since there was a joint near the firewall that offset the wheel from the column.

Always some hidden ways they need to move things around that best be addressed before rather than during a swap...:)
That was my plan actually. Get the block and headers in place then set up the dash and fire wall. Then get the auxiliary components in place. I can put a computer anywhere mostly. And I can slide the seats back and other little things to makes it all fit. We will see

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I'm sure you will get everything to work or adjust accordingly. It is challenging but the rewards are in the knowing you did it and it all worked out...:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals