• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mustang dome light installed

phatcap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
i got a mustang dome light with the black housing. here it is installed. i think it looks pretty sweet and its a plug n' play for 2003 and older rangers (if you can get the old one off that is! i broke mine in the process. :annoyed: oh well) its also a little brighter than the old one.

on a side note for us regular cab guys, the install requires a couple of modifications to be "perfect". when i first installed it, there was a huge gap on the passenger side of it where it didn't sit flush with the headliner. you can see in the picture the little "bulge" just to the left of it. what i did was gently separate the outer fabric from the foam part of the headliner (with the domelight not attached yet obviously). then i filled that in with some other foam stuff i had to create the "bulge" that you see in the pic. no gap! the other thing is that since its mounted on an angle (no flat ceiling at that spot like a supercab) the map lights kinda point at the top of the dash. i figure that could be remedied with some LEDs, jus make it brighter! how often do you really use map lights anyway, right? we never get lost! haha:D

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool - Now combine it with an Explorer Overhead console and have four map lights - LOL.
No we never do get lost - we now call it getting turned around or just around the corner - LOL

NewShockerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Old thread but I just ordered a black mustang dome for my standard cab ranger and was surprised by the lack of info. This is extremely helpful. I heard that if one trims the one side of the passenger dome light peg then the gap would go away more?

I should have mine next week so I will be able to post up later with details, hopefully I can get it to where there is no gap.

I just replaced my headliner with a black suede so I don't want to pull the foam backing off or pad anything yet.

-Nigel

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals