• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Repairing Center Console

callmecosmo11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So, I loaned out my truck and it was returned with the center console/armrest on the 60/40 bench in my 96 ranger broken. Before it was tight to the drivers side seat and rotated down or up to act as a seat back for the middle jump seat. Now it is pulling away from the drivers side seat and sits on the bench and leans toward the passanger seat. Also it is very loose. I unbolted it from the seat with the one bolt, but do not see anything broken or bent to tell me how to or what to fix. I have searched everywhere and can't find a diagram or anything on how to fix this problem. Anyone have any advice or have solved this problem in thier truck? Any and all help appreciated.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ranger Arm Rest on 60/40 seat

Hello,
Did you ever get a reply to your inquiry? I have a similar problem on my 93 Ranger super cab. I don't know the first thing about removing the arm rest to even begin to diagnose the problem. How is the arm rest removed from the left seat? Any clues are sincerely appreciated.
Bill Allen
(310) 488-6900

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Usually it's just the bolt itself has come loose, but if you removed and retightened it, I'm not sure. (use Loctite on the bolt, maybe it just came loose again?)

(bolt is behind a circular trim cap on the inside of the armrest compartment. T-45 or T-50 Torx IIRC)

callmecosmo11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for a reply finally. baj, if you pop the plastic cap on the inside of the console there is a star shaped torque bolt that can be removed. I tried tightening this but no luck. There is a odd shapped washer with the bolt as well. Tightening did nothing. Any other suggestions. Could the bolt from the seat have been bent or broken?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals