• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Best 4.5" angle grinder?

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
Ive got the same inexpensive Ryobi, running 4 years of major abuse now and no problems. I recently got a 10 amp Dewalt from Lowes and used a $10 off coupon and paid about $55. Now I dont have to switch wheels
Me too. I use mine for tile work and there is not much more gritty work than that. No problems with the motor, bearings or switch for 4 years now. Just dump it in the work bucket when I am done for the day.

Now I will say that all my other tools that require precision (woodworking and metalworking) are Bosch or Milwaukee, Makita or Porter Cable. I will not buy cheap tools that need to be precise. Nothing will piss you off worse than trying to Miter something with a cheap saw.:annoyed:

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Its a damn angle grinder! You pay 100+ for yours that last you 5 years and i'll pay 30 bucks for a cheap ryobi that will last me a few years. Do the math. This is the one I bought. Works....well....like any old angle grinder. The no-name brand one before it lasted like 4 years. When they last like that, I don't really care about the name, I just like to save money! Like any hobbyist, I only use it once in a while, then it sits. If I were using it everyday for a living it might matter more.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Everyone loves Milwaukee, but I can't say I am much of a fan.
I was building a dairy barn a few summers back, and we trashed 3 Milwaukee saws in 2 days - one of which jammed up before we even used it, just loading the blade somehow broke it - before we demanded our money back and bought a Mikita... Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I was very unimpressed.

On a job since then building a Safeway, my partner had two milwaukee saws, and they were both fine pieces of machinery, but I wouldn't spend the money on one myself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals