• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

in tank fuel pump

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
this was a major pain to find. you had to really look for it. fuel pumps kept shutting off. :bawling:I was going to my sis's house to help my sis with our ill mother(she's 78) when it stop. I nursed it to NAPA and relpaced the front fuel pump. It allmost got me to my sis's house when it died again.troubleshot from igintion switch to both pumps took three days to get it. wire to pumps would heat up and the pumps would shut off.well I thought I finaly had it fixed when on the way home it died again. so i disconnected the rear pump and started it up and made it the last 1/2 mile off the fuel in the line . I had checked the rear pump first but missed this. when I jumped the leads it ran fine. but as it heated or was jiggled around it would shut off. Then the front pump would run dry and the b2 would shut down. Now it has 2 new fuel pumps:yahoo:. the wife dosen't trust it but this is a major fault.

aaaaaaaaaaafter 31 years I really should see that the wife has a 6th sense about some things. it was also the connector to the Inertia switch. I took it off the fire wall during the trouble shooting phase and shook the switch to see if the mag ball might not be seating properly and was moving with the bouncing of the truck during a ride and noticed that the fuel pump would shut off. Took the switch off the wire connector and jumped it and shook the wires and it did the same thing. Cut the connecter out and replaced it. the circuit checks out fine. Also found another loose wire in the fuel pump relay. Fixed that and silicone the connecter at the wires.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals