• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 97 Ranger

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Here is my ranger.

Here is a list of things I have done:
New Cutch
New Fuel filler hose
New Battery
New Starter
New Solenoid
New K&N Air Filter (in existing cold air intake)
New fuel Filter
New Spark plugs
new shocks
had the stock driver seat 60/40 cut down to a bucket and installed rampage center console. I also had the Upholsterer add padding to the seat and a lumbar to the upright.
Corkin custom seat covers
new door hadles

and alot of little things I am forgetting

This was about when I first got the truck

before the bug shiled

after I put the bug shield on

tonneau cover and $150 craiglist find wheels

all cleaned and waxed

replaced the center caps with new ones and removed the bug shield- new tires

This is my daily driver so I need to keep it functional for long hauls. I put about 1000 miles a week on her.
Future plans are to install new coil and leaf springs, new ball joints, (you know- pretty much replace the stock suspension)

eventually get the body work and repainted (couple dings and dents)

I ordered the paint- so next things is to paint the grill and possibly the front bumper to get that more monochromatic paint job.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
I love those wheels and tires on your truck! Very nice DD Ranger...:)

DangerRanger94XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 v6 cold air intake,throttle cable mod.
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck man!!! One thing i would recommend with all your chrome is get a 94 chrome grille i think that would look pretty good. I really like the 94 grille like mine on my truck. I think it would complete your front end. And i was wondering if your tonneau cover made a difference in mpg?

_________________________DANGERANGER1994___________________________________ 3.sl0w V6 Cold air
4x4 XLT

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
One thing i would recommend with all your chrome is get a 94 chrome grille i think that would look pretty good. I really like the 94 grille like mine on my truck. I think it would complete your front end. And i was wondering if your tonneau cover made a difference in mpg?

_________________________DANGERANGER1994___________________________________ 3.sl0w V6 Cold air
4x4 XLT
Thanks DangerRanger. Actually I want to loose the chrome. I just ordered exact match paint to completely re-paint the grille and the chrome piece that wraps around the side makers. I am also going to paint the valance and the trim piece in the middle of the bumper. The paint and clear was $70 so by spring I will get more to do the bumper.

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Looking good! What is the tonneau cover brand and where did you get it? I'm looking for one exactly like this.. Thanks

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Looking good! What is the tonneau cover brand and where did you get it? I'm looking for one exactly like this.. Thanks

Truxedo. I got it from autoanything.com. $300. went on real easy. The only thing bad was that I did it to hastily. When you have the sides in and are ready to snap the cover down ***make sure the two tabs on both sides are all the way in**** I did not do that, expecting that they would be seated already from the manufacturer. I was pushing down for the cover to snap in and it wouldn't go so I forced it and whalla I broke the tab on the passenger side. I tried glueing it in but it doesn't take. So now I just have to make sure it is in all the way each time I snap the cover down.

As far as durability- I have had the cover for about 3-4 months and I am roll the cover up and unroll it at least 4 times a day 3 times a week. everything is still good!

BELUGA- sorry I gave the wrong name originally. It is truXsport tonnaeu cover. As far as helping with the gas mileage, I am not sure because around the same time I put the cover on, I started hauling all my wire and tools and got bigger tires, so not sure. I know myth busters did a segment on this and turns out between stock tailgate, webbed tailgate, no tailgate and fiberglass tonneau cover- the webbed tailgate gave the best results. Now granted, a vinyl cover will weigh less than a fiberglass one and that could be factor to see results.

Last edited:

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Painted the Grille and valance

I painted the grille and valance today and also did some wet sanding on the hood and the drivers side to remove some small scratches. I need to get a professional style buffer though to get that real deep shine.

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Painted grill looks nice painted the same color as the rest of the truck. Thanks for the info on the tonneau cover, I will probably get one this summer when I get my truck out of storage.

As for what it is of the gas mileage help I don't really mind, since my truck is turboed and whenever I push the go pedal it starts drinking like an real alcoholic. lol, at least it puts a huge smile onto my face.

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I wish I had a turbo. My Company pays for my gas so it wouldn't matter if she drank alot. Wish I had that extra umf though!

93 Ohio Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Really clean truck.

For extra umph have you considered a gear swap? Way easier and cheaper than a turbo.

Dan B.

January 2012 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
387 Windsor
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Very clean truck....love that color! My buddy has an extended cab version twin to your truck for sale...been thinking about getting it.

And i was wondering if your tonneau cover made a difference in mpg?
Thought I'd drop some info here. Don't have one on a Ranger but do on my F-150 Super Crew. I've put thousands of miles on it with the cover on and off both empty or loaded and also hauling. Never noticed one bit of difference. The two trips that I did get the best mileage was with the cover off. Somehow the 5.4L actually pulled 20mpg once!! It's usually in the low 17's covered or uncovered while running empty or mildly loaded.

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Really clean truck.

For extra umph have you considered a gear swap? Way easier and cheaper than a turbo.
I have 3.73 gears now. What would I go to? Also, I am assuming this will give me better low end, but I travel from NJ to Maryland a few times a week and that is all highway- so would I be killing myself in the high end?

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
here are some pics of the interior. It is of course not show quality, but it is very practical and comfortable for what I need it for. I do plan on doing a white face gauge cluster swap though......soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals